I love it
By dano_seattle on
2012 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I saw a couple of these running around town, but never really stopped to look. I began calculating gas costs of my 1997 gas eater and decided it was time to look around. I looked at all kinds of different models, hybrids, new, used, etc. I finally settled on the CR-Z as my first choice for test drive and once I drove it, that was it. If I wasn't convinced before I was then. Sleek, sharp, and comfortable all around would be the best way to describe. I completely agree with the other reviewers as well.
Favorite Features
I must start out by commenting on the speed and power of this car. I definitely feel the "pro" reviewers are overly critical of this point. I've driven faster cars and while this isn't going to win many races, it has more than ample power and torque to make it quick and nimble, and very enjoyable to drive. So far on my commute around Seattle which includes heavy traffic and some fairly open highways I get roughly 43 mpg using econ mode. I haven't tested with normal or sport. Overall I love my car, it's a joy to look at and drive and it sure feels good to help the earth, save money, and not having to fill up every few days.
Suggested Improvements
Not much other than bells and whistles. Would have loved a sunroof option.
By ihanson
on 01/17/13 09:04 AM (PST)

Hi, Which vehicle was your 1997 gas eater? Just curious, thanks! Really considering the CR-Z :)