Terribly dissapointing
By abscsx on
2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)
Looks better than in pictures. Seat is nice but adjustment for height is proper as it tilts at the same time. Shifter is very good. Rear wheels are too much tucked inside the fenders. The car is reluctant to accelerate at any rpm. Engine noise is not what one would expect from a Honda. Revs built slowly. Brake pedal feels unnatural with no initial bite. Steering does not feel connected, like most electric steering systems. Clutch is very too soft, hard to feel the engagement point.
Favorite Features
Shifter.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a real engine.
By chuytoy
on 08/01/11 12:03 PM (PDT)

Fell in love with the looks of this car and bought it with a Fit 2009 trade in. The fit was paid down to $7,000 and less than half the payment of our new CR-Z EX. It does get a lot of looks most definetly, from the very young. It attracts the speeders who want race against it, nearly daily. The milage is great, as long as you're on a flat road surface. The minute you climb a grade, drive curves, the milage drops rapidly. My complaints are about things I've not seen anyone mention here. The driver's side seatbelt when released bangs against the interior wall and actually is scratching that plastic wall severly. I took it today for a shop appointment because the service tech's thought something was wrong with the seatbelt, turned or twisted but discovered it was perfectly fine. We deducted together that no cars interior should be so thin that a seat belt should be cutting indentations into it. I was told there is nothing can be done about it. I have a car I just made the 2nd payment on and the interior wall looks terrible. I have the most expensive additional warranty available from the purchase and am told to go home with a car that will continue to get damaged from a seat belt! Now, don't think I'm a brute of a woman and slinging it back, because its' impossible, there is nowhere else for the seat belt devise to go but where it's dinging and scratching that interior wall. Upon noticing the damage, I began a habit of carefully taking the belt off, and guiding it to that side wall in effort of reducting the damage. It shouldn't be like that. I have a Sebring, Nissan Frontier, and Explorer, none of those vehicles, or the Fit I just traded in, have scratches from a seatbelt. My other complaint is we took it in also for the gasket that goes around the driver's door. It came off. Really, just started coming undone. The service tech, forced it back on, in what appers to be a tiny track along the door, but it came off again. Today they put a few tack spots with an adhesive to hold it in place. Really? A 2011, 2nd payment just made yesterday and we have to put glue on it?!! Finally, sorry this is long, but I'm really upset I have a car this easily damaged...the exterior paint, on day 2 of owning the car, I noticed a long 1 line scratch running down the hood! It's a deep scratch you can run your fingers across and feel. I now have tiny scratches all over this car and have drove it very little and it's kept in a garage. The paint seems very thin, and easily scratched. Like I said, I've owned a lot of cars, new and used and this is shocking. This is the most expensive car I've bought so far, and I'm very dissapointed. Yes, it's sharp, sexy/sporty body design, pretty blue color, and it's fun to drive, the changing colors and economy plus' for driving 'green' help me to concentrate on my gas milage and speed but I'm so disspointed in the easy wear on this one. I purposefully park far away, so others are not able to do door dings, shopping cart bangs, and hand wash it with a special soft cloth. This car is very delicate. Thank you for reading this, if you have any suggestions on how to stop the scratches on the interior please help.

By priusenvy1
on 04/05/12 01:20 AM (PDT)

Seat belt scratches on the side panel? I can't recall ever having a car that didn't do that.