2011 Honda CR-Z Consumer Review: Needs a Lot More to Make it Wo

2011 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Review

Needs a Lot More to Make it Worth Buying
By jkisdrivin on

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Let me start by saying this: I've owned several hybrids before including the original 60 mpg Honda Insight. Currently my other is a 2010 Toyota Prius II. I am not sure if the CR-Z is any better of a car than my old Insight. You figure with the advancements in Hybrid technology in the last 10 years that this car would get something better than just 31mpg with the manual tranny. I must say that I am thoroughly disappointed with this car as I expected a lot more in a car for this money. In hindsight I should have probably bought a Honda Fit instead, save $4K in the process, and get much more of a useful car. Needless to say, I'll be driving the Prius more these days over the CR-Z.

I get a bunch of looks from young people everywhere I go. The feel of the clutch and shifter is second to none (Honda makes great 6-sp sticks, just ask any S2000 owner). The interior is a little busy but at least the materials are good quality. I am able to really fit surfboard in the car.

The moonroof option that is available in Europe would have been nice. Also I am thinking about getting the LED highlight assemblies that is on the Euro-spec CR-Z as well (think of it as the DRLs you see on newer Audi's). Either put seat belts in the back seat or just take away the fold down trunk.