2011 Honda CR-Z Consumer Review: Exceeds Expectations

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback - Consumer Review

Exceeds Expectations
By hondaowner15 on

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I bought this car in Jan 2011 as a commuter. As of 5/1/2012 have over 33,000 miles. No problems, only time gas mileage less than EPA hiway was 2 people climbing mountains in NC, got 36.5. Average commute is 80 mi/day, 99% hiway. Averaging 39MPG, high was in city driving on a week-end trip when we got 43MPG in Miami. Performance good for 65-75MPH driving on interstates, very little around town but when I do it shows about 40.3. More than enough room (6'1"), actually have to pull the seat up to reach the pedals. Interior quality good, more than enough room for my usage.

Love the style, comments by almost everyone that sees it. Gas mileage is great and would be better if I did more city driving, but well over EPA for almost 100% highway. Base model comes standard with almost everything, even has an alarm system, cooled glove box, ambient lighting, all safety features, steering wheel controls, etc. Love the hybrid with 6 speed (main reason for buying it, I hate automatics) but love good gas mileage.

Better visibility to the sides or warning systems. Have almost had multiple accidents because you cannot see anything next to you or anywhere near you on the sides. Battery needs improvement, power is fine until it runs out, then the car is a real dog. Cannot vent car without turning on a/c system, and it is so tight nothing goes thru without opening a window or turning on the system. One touch for passenger would be nice, center arm-rest should be standard (it is in almost every other car made)