Better than Expected
By Jeff on
2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
After researching a few months before it was released, I was expecting to be disappointed when I went to take a test drive the day dealers received a few. I read about rear visibility issues (common in hatchback), and I was expecting poor handling/power (hybrid). I loved the outside look but THOUGHT I would drive and decide not to buy. Wrong! While I understand the enthusiasts of the old CR-X wanting an Si model with more power, this vehicle performed well! It is a true balance between sport/fun and economy. Sure, I can't pass another car at 100mph on the freeway like I could in my BMW Z4, but this is one fun car if you can deal with it seating only 2.
Favorite Features
Attention grabbing exterior look - car attracts attention! - USB Audio Interface - LED Tail lights - HID lights (EX) - Instrument cluster - A/C good - Cruise and steering wheel controls/Feel are good - I find handling to be very good. Heated mirrors, Vehicle Stability, and Traction control standard
Suggested Improvements
No sunroof option - Navigation is outdated and pricey! [DVD based, No Weather or Traffic info - adds $1800 to price - Yet, it does give you more blue-tooth, voice command, and iPod information.] keyless (proximity) entry, remote hatch release, and Honda needs to add an on-star equivalent service.