2011 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:
CRX: The Sequel
By Brian on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For those that remember their CRX fondly, the CRZ is likely a love at first sight experience. For others, the CRZ will be a polarizing, love it or leave it two-seater that has a very unique feel. Pros: Sporty exterior look, three distinct performance personalities, exceptional and intimate cab design, lots of technical features for the MSRP, tight handling and excellent sound acoustics. Cons: Lack-luster hybrid fuel efficiency, quarter panel blind spots, mushy economy-mode performance and dated navigation. Overall, the CRZ is a great commuter car for those who are looking for a fun driving experience and a sporty look. Reasonable MPG expectations will prevent disappointment.

Needs a Lot More to Make it Worth Buying
By jkisdrivin on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Let me start by saying this: I've owned several hybrids before including the original 60 mpg Honda Insight. Currently my other is a 2010 Toyota Prius II. I am not sure if the CR-Z is any better of a car than my old Insight. You figure with the advancements in Hybrid technology in the last 10 years that this car would get something better than just 31mpg with the manual tranny. I must say that I am thoroughly disappointed with this car as I expected a lot more in a car for this money. In hindsight I should have probably bought a Honda Fit instead, save $4K in the process, and get much more of a useful car. Needless to say, I'll be driving the Prius more these days over the CR-Z.

Works for Me !
By Tk on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have 1000 miles on it now. I bought the automatic. Lots of fun. The fuel mileage is increasing now that I"m driving it in "Normal" all the time. Getting 38.4 mpg now. Has plenty of PEP. Handling is good. No the smoothest ride because the battery under the trunk is so heavy. Hope it holds up! Happy so far! Got 7.0 seconds 0-60 on the 5th try in "Sport-Mode".

Spirit of the old CRX intact
By CRXLover on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Picked this car up as soon as it hit the showrooms. I love the styling, it attracts quite a lot of looks from everyone. Really does look like a modern CRX. Mine is the EX with the 6 spd and it was quite hard to find, had to preorder from dealership. It was worth the wait because I absolutely love taking this car out on the road. Its very fun to drive and still gets great gas mileage. I have about 1500 miles and average 38 mpg with the stick and hard driving. The hybrid power train is very torquey but still provides the Honda high rpm VTEC rush in sport mode. If Honda comes out with an Si version with the K20Z3 from the Si I will trade it in but i love the fact that this car is a 2 seater.

Best (affordable) hybrid yet
By GoHuskies on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What an amazing replacement for my civic hybrid. Great fuel economy in econ mode over the highway, nice passing power if I flip into sport. Interior is what really sold me and makes me look forward to taking a drive. This is by no means a sports car but it takes the win as the sportiest hybrid one can easily afford.

Great Storage and Fun, Fuel Efficient
By Mary on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm 56 years young and just turned in my leased 550SL. I decided to look for a sporty hybrid that would hold golf clubs, plants trays, blue tooth, and groceries. My rule is only buy groceries that will fit into my car. It seats felt identical to the 550SL (without the leather and heated seats). It was easy to drive and fuel efficient. IPOD connection as well as lap top. Has everything I need and fuel efficient. I just returned from Denmark and realized that Americans have it backwards and this is my step to help the economy as well as my pocket book. I recommend you take for a test yourselves.

Best Small Car for the Money!
By FondaHonda on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Were do I begin? We looked closely at the '10 Honda Insight & Fit, but could not help staring across the showroom floor at the bright red '11 CR-Z! Aside from the looks, we were sold on the bargain price for such a sexy well-built comfortable coupe. We test drove a loaded silver EX Navi-equipped model and were amazed at the high quality ride, materials and paint luster. After a short drive we immediately decided on the sporty red model that lured us in the beginning. The stunning good looks are complimented by a superb ride, great acceleration and 50 MPG on the highway. Even 40+ MPG on city streets is remarkable! Everyone praises the Honda as we drive by or park. The CR-Z's youthful & fun!

So far, so good!
By TK on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy. Getting 37 mpg overall in Econ mode. Drops to 33 overall in Normal mode and 31 overall in Sport mode. On my 5th try, I got 0-60 mph in 7.70 seconds in Sport mode. People don't believe this, but whatever! In "Sport", it jumps pretty good.

Better than Expected
By Jeff on 09/08/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After researching a few months before it was released, I was expecting to be disappointed when I went to take a test drive the day dealers received a few. I read about rear visibility issues (common in hatchback), and I was expecting poor handling/power (hybrid). I loved the outside look but THOUGHT I would drive and decide not to buy. Wrong! While I understand the enthusiasts of the old CR-X wanting an Si model with more power, this vehicle performed well! It is a true balance between sport/fun and economy. Sure, I can't pass another car at 100mph on the freeway like I could in my BMW Z4, but this is one fun car if you can deal with it seating only 2.

Great car for what it is
By Tom on 09/07/10 12:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are expecting a lean sports car with some serious power then keep looking, this isn't for you. This car is in the same category as a $20,000 hatchback, and it blows everything else for the price out of the water. If you are a lead foot and love to romp on the gas from a stand still every chance you get you will find yourself draining the battery pretty quickly. This is not a high performance machine, its a sporty hybrid, and for what it is, Honda has done a great job designing this vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-Z in NJ is:

$213 per month*