2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:
Exceeds Expectations
By hondaowner15 on 05/07/12 16:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I bought this car in Jan 2011 as a commuter. As of 5/1/2012 have over 33,000 miles. No problems, only time gas mileage less than EPA hiway was 2 people climbing mountains in NC, got 36.5. Average commute is 80 mi/day, 99% hiway. Averaging 39MPG, high was in city driving on a week-end trip when we got 43MPG in Miami. Performance good for 65-75MPH driving on interstates, very little around town but when I do it shows about 40.3. More than enough room (6'1"), actually have to pull the seat up to reach the pedals. Interior quality good, more than enough room for my usage.

Almost a new CRX!
By Anne on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

It was way past time to give up my beloved 20- year-old CRX-Si due to lack of modern safety features. I'd kept my eye on the the development of the CR-Z and ended up buying a lovely white one, base model, 6-speed. My feelings for the CR-Z are skewed a bit by my love of the old-style steering, shifting, and handling of the CRX. In sport mode, the CR-Z comes close. The seats are not as comfortable for me as the old CRX, and the shifter feels kind of clunky. The blind spot was almost a deal breaker, but I'm learning to trust the mirror. I am not totally sold that this needed to be a hybrid - the gas engine shutting down is still unnerving!

Terribly dissapointing
By abscsx on 09/06/10 15:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Looks better than in pictures. Seat is nice but adjustment for height is proper as it tilts at the same time. Shifter is very good. Rear wheels are too much tucked inside the fenders. The car is reluctant to accelerate at any rpm. Engine noise is not what one would expect from a Honda. Revs built slowly. Brake pedal feels unnatural with no initial bite. Steering does not feel connected, like most electric steering systems. Clutch is very too soft, hard to feel the engagement point.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback in VA is:

$126 per month*