Used 2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:

Great tuner car
By Sean

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I'll start with this I got my crz in 2014 after gaulking at them on the road since my senior year of high school. Finally had one of my dream cars! It handles like a sports car should and for a hybrid it has quite some pick up to it if your looking for speed in this car you won't find it in the econ or normal mode but throw it in to sports mode and if automatic turn on manual mode and I've out ran chargers on the highway. There any many downfalls to this car pros is quick fun to drive the navigation and sound system is on spot and you Def turn heads is one of those cats that make people go "that's a hybrid"?!? Cons like everyone else says yes it has a blind spot that can hide a semi truck all my windows are tinted to witch makes backing up at night quite the task in America us there are no back seats they replaced them with Extra cargo but if you buy pays out of Europe the car was originally designed with a 2seat back seat is only big enough for small children and I recently did my own oil on my z for the first time myself out was difficult since the ground Clarence is no more the about maybe 3and 1/2 in you cans drive it up on ramps or anything. But what about do people don't want to go through the trouble doing is the tuning of the car Honda made the crz as a throw back to the crx and it is just as customizable if you have some extra money to put in to it. Get a muggen or spoon or hks racing kit and you'll have a car of envy at the Track.

A Safe and Fun "Sport" Hybrid
By ng_cruiser

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after driving a 2006 VW GTI 1.8T for over six years. I will say that the CR-Z is a fun little car to drive, but has VERY slow acceleration. Pretty good storage space considering you're giving up a backseat. The WORST thing about this car was the blind spots caused by the rear hatch door and window design.

My CR-Z was totaled two days after I bought it. I was rear ended while standing still by someone going about 45 mph and walked away with pretty bad whiplash but not much else. It's a safe car. A good value for the money but I'd wait for them to work out the design flaws before investing in one. Again the blind spots are TERRIBLE.

bright and fun interior dashboard design

rear hatch design needs to allow better visibility. still feels very dangerous to me.

Average car, not worth the money new
By rlangsh

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just traded in my Honda CRZ after 2 years. Bought it new, not at all worth the 20k I paid. This is a car that has all the potential, but none of the thought process it needs to be unique and worth it. The interior is typical cheap crap that scratches VERY easy. Since the car is low to the ground, you'll mainly do this getting out of the car. The engine shuts off when you stop the car, and this car dents VERY EASY. Engine shutoff was getting worse in mine. Also, it's slow as hell. Get ready for insane blindspots in this car. The hatch is not positioned properly, so changing lanes on the highway/backing up will be, let's say..fun LOL. My new Dodge dart is faster and gets the same gas mileage.

The sound system is great in this car. The sub's provide the low end, and it has the USB hook-up for in IPod which is huge since it's not on many cars circa 2011/2012. The steering on this car improves in sport mode, to become tighter, allowing you a "sporty" feel to your ride. The guages are also very nice in this car.

Oh boy... - Air conditioning- When the car stops. It goes from cold to warm. (So don't get stuck anywhere on a hot day in traffic.) - Sterring wheel/interior- cheap, scratches way too easy - The engine shut off when you stop. It's wierd, seems pointless, (you can achieve good gas mileage without this) and the engine coming BACK ON gets worse the more miles you put onthis car. - Blindspots- They are awful on this car - Speed- This car is slow. When it's in economy mode, bikes or people on brisk jogs may pass you. - Overall cheapness- Take this car apart- When all the plastic parts on it break off as you do, you'll wonder exactly why you paid 18-20,000 for it.

Lots of Room for a 2-Seater!
By heatherfeath

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off, I love my CRZ. We were on a waiting list to get one when they first came out. Test drove it, and it was instant love. Having had the car for about two years now, we still love it. Part of me wishes they would come out with a 4 seater version, but then I guess it would loose some of its appeal? There is a WHOLE lot of room in this tiny car. I kid you not, we bought a queen sized bed frame, mattress, etc (From Ikea of course -.-) and we fit it in the car?! Amazing. It also fits multiple full sized bikes, without taking off the wheels. I don't recommend it.. you might mark your interior plastics..

It's really fun to drive and great on gas. We easily average about 40mpg

By far, the room. Fun to Drive. Easy on the eyes compared to most hybrids... it's got that sporty look. Interior design is spent only on the front seats. Well, there are only two seats of course, but it's nice to have a car that's made for the driver (and a friend).

Ok. Onto the bad. I have two minor complaints about the car. 1) I agree about the headlights. They're not AS BAD as one reviewer makes them sound but they are sub-par. I can CLEARLY see where I am going, but sometimes we wonder if our headlights are on. That's not ok. But, I am just going to switch them out eventually. Easy fix. 2) My biggest gripe about this car. ITS SO LOW! I love low cars. I have a classic Camaro that sits just about as low as any other car. But it's the nose that's the problem here. I can't even park my car in the garage or drive way because it scrapes so bad. It scrapes going out of parking garages, parking lots, etc. Even with those issues, still love the car.

Great CRZ
By lazycatprod

2011 Honda CR-Z Hatchback EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2011 CR-Z EX from beaverton Infinity. I was looking at new but found this one with less than 7k miles and saved a ton of money. I love this car. The styling and performance are great. The best part I am averaging over 44 MPG since purchase. I have a daily commute of over 70 miles and my fuel cost is averaging $30 a week. If your looking for a fun to drive yet economical car. You should check it out.

The factory stereo with I pod control and factory sub are very respectable, the blue tooth is great. very easy to set up. The dash is very futuristic. The user programable options are very nice.

I recommend a k&n air filter, Only cost $36 on Ebay and increade mileage by 2 mpg. I still need to tint the windows - other than that - its great.