2011 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:
A Safe and Fun "Sport" Hybrid
By ng_cruiser on 05/02/13 12:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after driving a 2006 VW GTI 1.8T for over six years. I will say that the CR-Z is a fun little car to drive, but has VERY slow acceleration. Pretty good storage space considering you're giving up a backseat. The WORST thing about this car was the blind spots caused by the rear hatch door and window design. My CR-Z was totaled two days after I bought it. I was rear ended while standing still by someone going about 45 mph and walked away with pretty bad whiplash but not much else. It's a safe car. A good value for the money but I'd wait for them to work out the design flaws before investing in one. Again the blind spots are TERRIBLE.

Average car, not worth the money new
By rlangsh on 04/19/13 09:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just traded in my Honda CRZ after 2 years. Bought it new, not at all worth the 20k I paid. This is a car that has all the potential, but none of the thought process it needs to be unique and worth it. The interior is typical cheap crap that scratches VERY easy. Since the car is low to the ground, you'll mainly do this getting out of the car. The engine shuts off when you stop the car, and this car dents VERY EASY. Engine shutoff was getting worse in mine. Also, it's slow as hell. Get ready for insane blindspots in this car. The hatch is not positioned properly, so changing lanes on the highway/backing up will be, let's say..fun LOL. My new Dodge dart is faster and gets the same gas mileage.

Lots of Room for a 2-Seater!
By heatherfeath on 01/11/13 08:53 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off, I love my CRZ. We were on a waiting list to get one when they first came out. Test drove it, and it was instant love. Having had the car for about two years now, we still love it. Part of me wishes they would come out with a 4 seater version, but then I guess it would loose some of its appeal? There is a WHOLE lot of room in this tiny car. I kid you not, we bought a queen sized bed frame, mattress, etc (From Ikea of course -.-) and we fit it in the car?! Amazing. It also fits multiple full sized bikes, without taking off the wheels. I don't recommend it.. you might mark your interior plastics.. It's really fun to drive and great on gas. We easily average about 40mpg

Great CRZ
By lazycatprod on 08/05/12 11:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2011 CR-Z EX from beaverton Infinity. I was looking at new but found this one with less than 7k miles and saved a ton of money. I love this car. The styling and performance are great. The best part I am averaging over 44 MPG since purchase. I have a daily commute of over 70 miles and my fuel cost is averaging $30 a week. If your looking for a fun to drive yet economical car. You should check it out.

Exceeds Expectations
By hondaowner15 on 05/07/12 16:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I bought this car in Jan 2011 as a commuter. As of 5/1/2012 have over 33,000 miles. No problems, only time gas mileage less than EPA hiway was 2 people climbing mountains in NC, got 36.5. Average commute is 80 mi/day, 99% hiway. Averaging 39MPG, high was in city driving on a week-end trip when we got 43MPG in Miami. Performance good for 65-75MPH driving on interstates, very little around town but when I do it shows about 40.3. More than enough room (6'1"), actually have to pull the seat up to reach the pedals. Interior quality good, more than enough room for my usage.

I am soooooo sorry I bought this car.
By ihatethiscar on 04/17/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I hate this car. I bought it on an impulse and am sorry I did. I actually waited almost 5 days to go pick it up from the dealership after I had purchased it. I am sure that it is a good car (after all, it IS a Honda), but I swear it is among the ugliest cars on the road - especially the back end. I do not like the car because of it's impracticality. Too small, very uncomfortable, slower than I would have expected, noisy interior on the open road. There is also no place to rest your arms. Cup holders cannot accomodate anything too large - definitely a hazard when you are trying to get stuff in and out. My car is for sale and has been since about 3 months after my purchase. Hate it.

Fun Fun Fun
By josef3 on 04/05/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Don't miss out just because of the expensive tag.. There's some joy to be had in a single CR-Z experience, no matter the drivers age or style (racer, casual)! Oh, and I'm 6'3 Economics is a no-brainer. If you are a family man, this may not fit for you. (buy a Honda Fit)

love car, hate headlights
By dj1937 on 11/13/11 15:18 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When driving with low beams on the visibility is terrible. it looks like a dark shade is pulled down 2/3s of the way on the windshield. On a hilly, curvy road you can see the posts , but not the sign on top of it.. I think it is dangerous. I have written Honda and have talked to the BB for Auto and filled out a kit they supplied. Honda in Calif. says there is nothing wrong with the headlights. . I am sure I will hear from the Better Business for Autos.

Will not crank
By kpair on 10/05/11 07:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I am wondering if we just bought a lemon? I have looked at all the other reviews and must say I wish we had that experience. The only problem is our CRZ often leaves us stranded. It just will not crank every time, we have had it less than a month and been stranded somewhere at least 12 times. The dealer has replace a battery and clutch mechanism and today it is being towed back to see why it still will not crank...If it ran properly we would love the car but as of now it just isn't reliable which takes all of the fun out of it...

Love it!
By case9488 on 10/02/11 21:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my CR-Z for over a month now and I still get excited every day to drive it. The handling is excellent and I feel safe, though the sport mode can certainly pick up the pace. The gas mileage is good but the great build, comfortable seats, and awesome technology make that just a bonus. Of course the only downfall is not having a backseat anymore, but there is plenty of trunk space.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-Z in VA is:

$126 per month*