Good Car - but has quality issues
By rare_review09 on
2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought the Honda CRV 2014 model. It gives a good gas mileage. After driving for 6 months here are my griefs about it. 1) The driver seat loses its height on its own. I have to pump it up every week. I consulted the dealership and they said that the mechanism is not broken - as the seat does go up & down on the push of the lever. And there is nothing they can do. 2) I get a low frequency humming sound some where from the rear of the vehile. It happened every time during the winter when I cold start the engine & am driving in the parking lot. After 5 minutes of driving it never happens again. Not noticing it in anymore as the weather has become warm now.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage. I always drive with the Eco setting.
Suggested Improvements
1) The driver mat - The mat is really cut small near the accelerator pedal. After the winter I proceeded to clean the mats & I found bunch of dirt/salt stuck to carpet on the sides of the mat - which I tell, you is not easy to clean. Dealer recommended to use a steam cleaner. I wish the mat had a better coverage of the carpet. 2) The passenger seat does not have the arm rest which I & my passengers miss a lot.