Good Car - but has quality issues
By rare_review09 on
2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought the Honda CRV 2014 model. It gives a good gas mileage. After driving for 6 months here are my griefs about it. 1) The driver seat loses its height on its own. I have to pump it up every week. I consulted the dealership and they said that the mechanism is not broken - as the seat does go up & down on the push of the lever. And there is nothing they can do. 2) I get a low frequency humming sound some where from the rear of the vehile. It happened every time during the winter when I cold start the engine & am driving in the parking lot. After 5 minutes of driving it never happens again. Not noticing it in anymore as the weather has become warm now.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage. I always drive with the Eco setting.
Suggested Improvements
1) The driver mat - The mat is really cut small near the accelerator pedal. After the winter I proceeded to clean the mats & I found bunch of dirt/salt stuck to carpet on the sides of the mat - which I tell, you is not easy to clean. Dealer recommended to use a steam cleaner. I wish the mat had a better coverage of the carpet. 2) The passenger seat does not have the arm rest which I & my passengers miss a lot.
By davidp14
on 10/12/14 16:38 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem with my seat mysteriously dropping. It is caused by the adjustment lever being designed too high on the side of the seat. It's just below the seat level and every time you enter the vehicle your butt hits it and cranks it down one notch. Over time it lowers it too far. I also have a 2008 CR-V which has this lever much lower and I never have this problem. If you try to not hit this lever, you will not lower the seat any more. I promise. It's a design flaw on Honda's part. They should have left the lever where it was on my 2008.