Hipsters Will Be Driving These After All The 240 Wagons Are Used Up
By haroldingpat on
2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Is it cool? No! Is it real and authentic? Absolutely! The 240 Wagon of our times. Cheap, cheerful, reliable, durable, functional, safe, just like the 240 wagon's were. Will it impress your neighbors? No, but there's no shame in driving it regardless of your demographics. An upper middle class suburban white person can drive one without shame and have the smug knowledge that they did not fall into the douche bag "luxury" car trap - cue the hipsters in a few years. Averaging 29mpg in mixed suburban / highway driving. I use the "econ" button mainly because it allows better control over the throttle. Very happy overall.
Favorite Features
Easy access and operation - I have ankylosing spondylitis and this is very important. I'm 42 by the way, not 82. The doors are big, open wide and the seats can be set to the perfect height for getting in and out. Nothing in the car requires a lot of effort to operate and the rear seat folding mechanism is truly clever. The liftover height in the cargo area is low. Despite my flexibility issues I can manage to load a couple of bikes in the back to go cycling with my daughter - without a wanker bike rack. The engine is smooth and refined period - not just for a four cylinder. Tranny is smooth and goes to the right gear most of the time - I'm sure a CVT is coming and I'm all for it.
Suggested Improvements
The usual - more power and quieter - it's not a problem, it could just be better. The seats could be better as well. The suspension stays very composed on really bad roads, but is overly firm on better roads. Honda - go buy some old Peugeot 504 and 505 sedans and wagons. Study the seats and suspensions very hard. They had magic carpet rides and handled great other than too much body roll. Study and improve - you can do it. Much honor can be gained.