2014 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation Review
By ncreviewer on
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
The 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with navigation is a very nice SUV. I can see why it is ranking 4 to 5 stars. I bought this one about a month or so ago and my wife and I both like it very much. We traded in a 2012 Toyota Rav4 4x4 Limited. We enjoyed the Rav4 and it served us well. No complaints. But the one we had did not have built-in navigation like this Honda and what you get when you get the Honda navigation is voice command capability for many things, like your heat & A/C, phone, and supposedly navigation (but like most guys, I haven't read the manual, so I need to learn how to do that). Lots technology. Very smooth ride. 23.1 avg mpg to date. Hoped for more. But like the car.
Favorite Features
Voice control (but there are evidently 1,700 phrases to learn). Navigation, bluetooth for my phone, sunroof, nice white diamond pearl color, nice accessories, leather, ergonomics (except for driver's arm rest lack of adjustability). Good looks, dual A/C, nice large glass areas for visibility, rear camera. Hugs the road going around curves in the mountains. Good people-room front seats and rear and ample cargo area. Really love the cargo tray the dealer included with the raised lip. Keeps things in the tray from scratching the interior. Got a sensational deal: more trade-in value than we originally paid! Honda can deal!
Suggested Improvements
Arm rests should be adjustable up & down, and angle. The arm rests can be swiveled up and out of the way, which is fine, but it would have been even better to have them be adjustable for the ergonomic variations between people. I'm 6'-2" tall and the arm rest seems kind of high for me. I would have liked to have been able to have moved in down a couple of inches and also angled it down a bit. I did stop by my Honda dealer and their service tech looked at it but said Honda has no means to adjust this. Nice people, but unfortunately no solution. i wish you could set a navigation destination by voice after you're moving, but that doesn't seem possible. Not sure, though; lots to learn.