2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Great car, great value

2014 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Great car, great value
By toomuch2do1 on

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I read all of the 2013 reviews before purchasing my 2014. I decided to go with the EX-L without navigation. I couldn't imagine going without a passenger seat arm rest. The dealer got me a CR-V without navigation (since those reviews are terrible) and without the entertainment system, which I don't need. It looks good, runs well, has sufficient pickup even in ECO mode. One reviewer complained about the headrest--but on the EX-L the seat is infinitely adjustable so that's easily corrected. The sound system works sufficiently well for me. Headlights seem to light just fine, but I drive only in well lit suburban areas. Controls are easy to see and operate.

Great turning radius for tight turns. An added bonus is that the well for the spare tire has lots of extra room in the center to store tools, jumper cables, first aid kit, etc. I love the deep covered console in the center to hold my purse. Great car for a 5' 3" woman. Backup camera is nice, but you still need to look.

Connect the center console with the driver's seat so things can't fall in between. In the first two days, I've dropped a pen and a debit card in the narrow opening. I had to fish them out from the floor of the back seat. More storage spots for pens, box of Kleenex, hand sanitizer, trash. Have the doors lock right away instead of when you reach a certain speed.
By nbaellow
on 10/05/14 12:15 PM (PDT)

You can change the doors to lock as soon as you shift into Reverse. Read your manual or go by the dealer, it will take less than a minute to do this.