Deal-Breaker if I had known
By dinodriver on
2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Had a lease-up on a Rav4, which had the rare 3rd row that I found useful. I was reluctant to give that up but excited to try the Honda with many friends loving their Odysseys, CRVs, etc. I absolutely LOVED the car (had it 3 wks), but I was shocked(and terrified) last night when I was heading home on somewhat rural drive in a pretty bad storm. The headlights are inadequate at best in that sitch. Rain was heavy and roads were dark but it was far from the worst storm I have driven in. Low beam illum. was poor and the brights did nothing but point straight at the rain and reflect back. Never a problem in the Toyota.Researched when I got home and see it's widely reported.Much loved otherwise
Favorite Features
Car is very comfortable, love the arm-rests and the captain-chair feel. Great Feature package, Handling, Blue-Tooth, Just delightful to drive. Great control layout for the most part.
Suggested Improvements
As mentioned, headlights are a bit of a disaster. I find a little skip on the post winter bumps that I did not notice in the Rav. I find the breaking just a little spongy as well.