2014 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great value - Small things annoy
By polarbear14 on 06/05/14 12:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this for over 6 months and 5000+ miles, It replaced an older Honda Crosstour - glad we did. The CRV is comfortable, highly maneuverable and very economical for an AWD. The controls are easy to use. We would consider buying this car again if we were in the market.

BEWARE - Take a long test drive before buying one
By sasi43289 on 05/28/14 16:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was excited on purchasing a brand new CRV, but the short test drive did not reveal this crossovers shortcomings. After a month and 2K miles, below are my observations: 1) Harsh/bumpy ride - you feel each and every road crack, unless the road is not freshly laid, the ride is tiresome 2) Too much windnoise - went to the dealer twice, but they mentioned that it is the characteristic of the vehicle. The door seals/insulation is not very good 3) Too much road noise on certain road surfaces 4) The stereo is a joke, my 15 year old second car has better sounding stereo and speakers 5) Seats are not comfortable - lack of thigh support on rear bench and front seat headrests tilt way too forward

love the crv engine
By robfromde on 05/09/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Went from an 08 Odyssey LX to the CRV EX. This is my 3rd Honda. I've always loved how Honda engines rev up so smoothly. This one is great, and shifts quickly. It's ride is firm, but normal for an SUV. Lots of storage in back, and plenty of leg room for all.

AWD Problem
By deliabloom on 05/04/14 10:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed that I have had my new 2014 CRV for three weeks and it has a problem with the differential. On the test drive, the AWD light came on and the salesman said it was nothing. It has come on three times since, and after much discussion with the dealer they are going to put a new motor on the differential. This is very disappointing because I bought the CRV for its reliability. Would not buy CRV again.

bring back a manual transmission in the CRV
By white_tea on 05/01/14 08:22 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

would love to see a manual transmission brought backn in the CR-V. would like to see the AC unit moved back like the 2008 2009 2010 models. Why consumers aren't wising up is beyond me. Who wants AC blowing on their hand all the time - that's why I gave the interior design a 2, otherwise, pretty perfect vehicle. Would like to see the sun visors with a pull-out mechanism like in the toyota camry. There is NO protection from the sun in this 2014 CR-V. Zero.... get a towel because you're going to need one. need to work on the visibility out of the vehicle on all viewing - sides & rear.

2014 CR-V EX-L AWD Real World Review
By gpdpdoo on 04/30/14 18:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought the car a little over a week ago. Before purchasing I had narrowed down my search to Toyota, Mazda and Honda. I chose the Honda because I really liked the roomy interior and it was fun to drive. The gas mileage was also a deciding factor, although all three car makers were very close in that category. I also chose the Honda for its reliability and resale value.

Love My Car!!
By catsmeow5150 on 04/25/14 09:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been looking for a car for the past 2 months after my Mazda Protege of 15 years died. I wanted something a bit classy, good on gas, but with bells and whistles. I looked at the Lexus, gorgeous car, but the price was too high. I looked at the Acura MDX and the gas mileage was not all that great. Then I looked at the Honda CR-V, after my first test drive I was hooked. It handles very well, I sit a bit higher so I feel safer and with all the air bags I know I am safe. It gets 28 mpg, which is awesome!! The navigation system and XM radio make me feel a bit spoiled! I also love the fact that when I alert my car that I am arriving at night the headlights come on, just comforting. Luv it

Coming from 10 years of Subaru
By square85 on 04/12/14 07:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently picked up a LX AWD model a few weeks ago after driving Subarus for 10 years. The Honda is much quieter and the seats are much more comfortable than my last Legacy. The folding rear seat mechanism is slick and has come in handy a number of times already. The radio is the base unit but sounds fine to me ears when streaming bluetooth. Now that I have the back up camera, I will never have a vehicle without it. MPG has been round numbers 21-22 in mixed NYC driving; hope it goes a little higher once the engine breaks in more, I only have 480 miles right now. So far very happy with the purchase and look forward to many years of ownership.

CRV #2 Better than ever!
By upstatenymom on 04/10/14 15:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first CRV was a 2005 with 120,000 miles and other than routine maintenance the only extra cost involved was a single rear caliper repair. LOVED it! Totally reliable vehicle that never let me down. Test drove a 2014 EX-L and was amazed with the comfort and handling. The interior is open and comfortable. Love shifter location, more room up front than the Rogue and Rav4. Headlights are def not as bright as my 2005 but that's a positive for me...was tired of drivers flashing their lights at me assuming I had my high beams on when I didn't. The fog lights do help to illuminate the road well when using low beams though. VERY pleased with my newest CRV :)

Deal-Breaker if I had known
By dinodriver on 03/30/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a lease-up on a Rav4, which had the rare 3rd row that I found useful. I was reluctant to give that up but excited to try the Honda with many friends loving their Odysseys, CRVs, etc. I absolutely LOVED the car (had it 3 wks), but I was shocked(and terrified) last night when I was heading home on somewhat rural drive in a pretty bad storm. The headlights are inadequate at best in that sitch. Rain was heavy and roads were dark but it was far from the worst storm I have driven in. Low beam illum. was poor and the brights did nothing but point straight at the rain and reflect back. Never a problem in the Toyota.Researched when I got home and see it's widely reported.Much loved otherwise

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$125 per month*