Used 2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Purchased my Honda CRV for tow ability with RV
By Ed Degenhart

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tire monitoring system is a nuisance as it keeps coming on and tires are ok. Fuel efficiency is fantastic. Honda makes a very reliable car. Electronic features are so so.

Lost my favorite aspects of car
By Rmrand

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Happy with reliability of CRV. However, there were 3 things I loved about my 2010 CRV that are now gone. Floor to roof cargo height reduced by 8" (have to put bike on slant now). Open floor area between front seats (great for computer bag) now filled with a useless console. Middle folding rear seat good for putting skiies through and 2 passengers - gone to 2/3, 1/3 split - now skiied and only 1 passenger. Plastic grey trim on top level trim - ugly and cheap. So my favorite things about car gone and I am in work around mode. Probably will look at other alternatives. Hoping the tires on this car last longer than the 30K on 2010 model. "Sport utility" is a completely different concept than "family" vehicle. Keep it in mind Honda.

All around traveler
By Vi from seattle

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you need a good all around vehicle, I would recommend this one. I'm really proud of this car. The trunk is really roomy and there is a lot of legroom. Perfect height for average people, even my 4yo can get in and out by herself. But still high enough to go through 2.5 feet of fresh snow up an 1/8 mile driveway.

We used to have a honda odyssey minivan and we replaced it with this CRV. I was worried about stepping down from a V6 to 4 cylinder for our road trips. Going over the big mountain passes in cruise control, the odyssey would downshift to around 3k rpm and this CRV does the same. I feel that the lighter weight offsets the smaller engine.

I would have given 5 stars if it weren't for the darn VTC actuator clacking on cold starts and darn front seat head rests/restarints. I have checked with my mechanic and the VTC actuator is just an annoyance. I have to recline the front seat back a little and then the Fwd cant of the headrest is not so bad. The head rest was designed this way to reduce neck injury, so I understand.

I took this car for a 3000 mile trip this last winter and it did about 25.5 mpg with blizzaKS and a Thule roof box. Again we had so much snow in utah. With studless snow tires on, I went through all sorts of snow. Handling was great going over Snoqualmie pass, blue mountains, Sierra nevadas, tahoe, donner pass and siskiyou's. We had white out conditions with blowing snow and this little CRV did not skip a beat. Good tires are important to go and stop, awd just helps to go fwd.

I'll update again after this spring break trip to Mt. Rushmore from Seattle.

Hope this review helps

Thumbs down on CRV
By Chris

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tinny and unsafe unpredictable driving in New England weather. Slid right through a red light today - braking and AWD useless - no problem though for the little Prius in front of me! This vehicle has been disappointing since day one and is very overrated. MPG is 22.5 at best. Does not hold its value- I owe more than it is worth . Owned Jeeps for 20 years and loved them. Did not consider another one due to Chrysler Corp's and local dealership very poor customer backing and service. They do not stand by their customers or honor warranty's so that is why I did not consider doing business with Jeep/Chrysler . Definitely not impressed with Honda though. Probably go back to Jeep - at least I will feel safer while driving in New England winter weather and will not depend on customer backing by Chrysler or dealership.

Beware of posted fuel mileage.
By Jim

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our CRV in November and love the vehicle with one exception. The fuel mileage isn't anywhere close to what it was sold as being. My wife has a daily commute of 30 miles each way to work, so fuel economy was a major factor in our decision. Although with 90% of our driving being interstate, the vehicle is only averaging 23.5 mpg even with the eco turned on. If you are looking at the CRV for the fuel economy, I would recommend looking at another vehicle.