2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

7k miles then problem starts
By ned20

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the new crv 2014 lx model July of 2014. Just this winter when temperature drops 40 f below, grinding sound from the engine will shoot up for 5 to 8 seconds ( first start in the morning. Took it to the dealer and change the vtc actuator. Scared that it will sound again because a lot of crv owners experienced the sound over again even though they changed the part several times. They should do a recall for this.

2014 CRV Dissapointment
By bmwjeff

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After selling an Acura MDX due it's very thirsty motor and hunting transmission we thought we would just buy a simple, reliable car to get around in. The CRV seemed to fit the bill and we were quickly a 2014 EX AWD owner. Our car averaged about 25 MPG over the course of the 12K of ownership which is OK for a car of its size. The throttle was very touchy and somewhat hard to drive in a smooth fashion. The Green drive button helped to smooth the head jerking starts. At about 8k we acquired a barking dog sound from the rear every time you would start and stop. We had a rattle in the dash on the drivers side and the dreaded cam shaft solenoid rattle at start-up. Sold car back to the dealer

Favorite Features

Nothing favorite as it is just to generic of a car.

Constant computer glitches!
By tovalady

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2014 CR-V has had nothing but computer glitches from the day we bought it,it is in the shop again as I write this! 10 attempts later and the car is still not working correctly,So far we have sent a certified letter to corporate to lemon law this vehicle but we just keep getting the "let us fix it " song and dance! It has come down to having to lawyer up and demand a refund or replace the car...Tired of trips being cancelled and being inconvenienced and PAYING for a car that has obvious factory issues! One would think Honda Corp. would be more than compliant with doing the right thing! Very disappointed!

Favorite Features

The reason we chose the CR-V after doing a lot of research it seemed to be the best buy for fuel economy and reliability on road trips! Turns out not to be so! Cancelled trips and extended stays in different places because it ends up in the shop all the time!

Suggested Improvements

know how in advance to reprogram or fix all the computer technology before a customer becomes so disgruntled they feel the need to write such a horrible review!

A real reviewer
By golfcart2

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car based on the great reviews. After owning this car for almost 4 months, I now suspect that most of the reviews are written by the dealers. This car is a huge disappointment. It drives like a golf car. A little bit of wind on the highway, and you better be holding on to the steering wheel with both hands as the car blows all over the road. Just drove it today in about 2 inches of snow and actually got stuck coming out of a driveway - unbelievable. The rear visibility is awful and the back up camera is useless. The interior is cheaply made. And the exterior rear of this car has so much cheap black plastic around the window - it is really quite ugly.

Favorite Features

Too disappointed with this car to think of any favorite features.

CR-V V stands for Vanilla
By brifi

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is like driving an appliance, it's drives OK and gets me where I want to go but has very little character. Fuel economy declines drastically in cold weather. LX seats are not very comfortable after an hour. Rear visibility is very poor, the backup camera is not a solution to this. The stability control catches me by surprise, applying brakes in the middle of a turn when I am not expecting it. The front seat head rests have an aggressive angle that doesn't allow me to stretch and straighten my neck. I wish I had bought the Forester with true AWD. I also wish I could turn off the A/C function that automatically comes on in defrost modes, it is not necessary in my dry winter climate.

Favorite Features

The engine is smooth, and has decent power. The rear seat fold-down system is convenient and easy to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats a bit more plush. Improve the headlight effectiveness, both high and low beam.