2014 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2014 CR-V EX-L AWD Real World Review
By gpdpdoo on 04/30/14 18:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought the car a little over a week ago. Before purchasing I had narrowed down my search to Toyota, Mazda and Honda. I chose the Honda because I really liked the roomy interior and it was fun to drive. The gas mileage was also a deciding factor, although all three car makers were very close in that category. I also chose the Honda for its reliability and resale value.

Love My Car!!
By catsmeow5150 on 04/25/14 09:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been looking for a car for the past 2 months after my Mazda Protege of 15 years died. I wanted something a bit classy, good on gas, but with bells and whistles. I looked at the Lexus, gorgeous car, but the price was too high. I looked at the Acura MDX and the gas mileage was not all that great. Then I looked at the Honda CR-V, after my first test drive I was hooked. It handles very well, I sit a bit higher so I feel safer and with all the air bags I know I am safe. It gets 28 mpg, which is awesome!! The navigation system and XM radio make me feel a bit spoiled! I also love the fact that when I alert my car that I am arriving at night the headlights come on, just comforting. Luv it

Coming from 10 years of Subaru
By square85 on 04/12/14 07:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently picked up a LX AWD model a few weeks ago after driving Subarus for 10 years. The Honda is much quieter and the seats are much more comfortable than my last Legacy. The folding rear seat mechanism is slick and has come in handy a number of times already. The radio is the base unit but sounds fine to me ears when streaming bluetooth. Now that I have the back up camera, I will never have a vehicle without it. MPG has been round numbers 21-22 in mixed NYC driving; hope it goes a little higher once the engine breaks in more, I only have 480 miles right now. So far very happy with the purchase and look forward to many years of ownership.

CRV #2 Better than ever!
By upstatenymom on 04/10/14 15:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first CRV was a 2005 with 120,000 miles and other than routine maintenance the only extra cost involved was a single rear caliper repair. LOVED it! Totally reliable vehicle that never let me down. Test drove a 2014 EX-L and was amazed with the comfort and handling. The interior is open and comfortable. Love shifter location, more room up front than the Rogue and Rav4. Headlights are def not as bright as my 2005 but that's a positive for me...was tired of drivers flashing their lights at me assuming I had my high beams on when I didn't. The fog lights do help to illuminate the road well when using low beams though. VERY pleased with my newest CRV :)

Deal-Breaker if I had known
By dinodriver on 03/30/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a lease-up on a Rav4, which had the rare 3rd row that I found useful. I was reluctant to give that up but excited to try the Honda with many friends loving their Odysseys, CRVs, etc. I absolutely LOVED the car (had it 3 wks), but I was shocked(and terrified) last night when I was heading home on somewhat rural drive in a pretty bad storm. The headlights are inadequate at best in that sitch. Rain was heavy and roads were dark but it was far from the worst storm I have driven in. Low beam illum. was poor and the brights did nothing but point straight at the rain and reflect back. Never a problem in the Toyota.Researched when I got home and see it's widely reported.Much loved otherwise

great value and good gas mileage
By jimo7 on 03/21/14 14:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased in November 2013 and put almost 2500 miles on it...mileage is improving and last tank was 28.5 with city and freeway miles. This is my third Honda (1980's Accord and previous was 2006 Pilot). All have been extremely reliable and good value for the money, if somewhat bland in driving. The CR-V adds more tech toys with iPod integration, bluetooth connection for my iPhone, and streaming audio which I havent played with yet. Abundant interior room to hold my bikes and surfboards (similar to Pilot although somewhat smaller). Highly recommended but wish I would have test-driven the Suburu Forrester turbo to compare the performance.

Hipsters Will Be Driving These After All The 240 Wagons Are Used Up
By haroldingpat on 03/16/14 12:22 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Is it cool? No! Is it real and authentic? Absolutely! The 240 Wagon of our times. Cheap, cheerful, reliable, durable, functional, safe, just like the 240 wagon's were. Will it impress your neighbors? No, but there's no shame in driving it regardless of your demographics. An upper middle class suburban white person can drive one without shame and have the smug knowledge that they did not fall into the douche bag "luxury" car trap - cue the hipsters in a few years. Averaging 29mpg in mixed suburban / highway driving. I use the "econ" button mainly because it allows better control over the throttle. Very happy overall.

2014 CR-V far better than the 2009 model
By glennon1 on 03/03/14 09:04 AM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in our 2009 CR-V for a new 2014 CR-V. My wife loved the 2009 but I thought it was just OK. Didn’t plan to buy a new car but the trade in was so good I could not pass up the new CR-V. The 2014 is a far better car. I love it. Better body styling, better handling, a lot more quiet on the road, more comfortable, more upscale interior, more standard features, better acceleration and better gas mileage. From a price/quality/performance perspective this is a great car, plus you get Honda’s reliability. I recommend the EX-L model.

Very cheap and uncomfortable
By texlass63 on 02/24/14 08:17 AM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I finally decided to buy a Honda CR-V, not becaue I liked it any better than any of the others I had seen, but because I had grown tired of looking and it had most of what I wanted and it seemed to be fine when I took it for a test drive. The navigation system worked with easy commands which was great. After I purchased the vehicle the most annoying was that the sun visor didn't extend so I had the full sun in my face. The ride was very rough and the seats were very uncomfortable, and I had back issues by the end of the week. I traded the vehicle in and got a 2014 Nissan Rogue that I now love!

Impressions after 5 weeks
By steven6868 on 01/27/14 19:22 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving an Integra for 12 years, it's quite an adjustment switching to an SUV. The back up camera in en excellent tool, but should not be used exclusively when in reverse - there's still no substitute for looking out that back. The city gas mileage is way lower than I expected: 16 mpg is the highest I've gotten and this is driving with conserving gas in mind. Highway is more acceptable at 26 mpg. I got this in the winter time and it is colder than usual. The heater in the CR-V takes several minutes to get going and provide heat. Just as I start to feel comfortable, I have arrived at my destination (work commute is less than 15 minutes.)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$150 per month*