2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CR-V CONS
By doctom5

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was surprised to see that road noise was not included in the CONS review. This does not bother everyone but it does bother me. Solution, I purchased sound deadening material and installed it from firewall to back. This helped. Then I did the doors. Big improvement but still road noise from wheel wells. I'm 6' and weigh 240. For a long trip the seats and noise are just tiresome. And if you are on a curvy road the CRV doesn't handle great. Bottom line, this is not a driver's car or a guy's car and I guess that;s why my wife loves it.

Insulate your cars better Honda. It's cheap and good for sales.

Excellent Small SUV
By davidgarzon98

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car has close to 10.000 miles and I've not had a single problem with it. After cleaning it it still looks 100% new outside and inside. The average fuel consumption has been around 24 miles per gallon (including city driving in Atlanta and highway driving) which is similar to what I was getting with my previous car (civic 2009). I've done a few long trips (12 hours) and is a comfortable ride. I've only visited the dealership for oil changes. The only issue is that I didn't have a good experience buying from Curry Honda.

Cargo space, reliability, moon-roof, fuel economy

Improve training for the sales and finance people in the dealerships (Curry Honda). Design an anti-theft device for the catalytic converter because of the increased number of cases for Toyotas and Hondas in the Atlanta area.

7k miles then problem starts
By ned20

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the new crv 2014 lx model July of 2014. Just this winter when temperature drops 40 f below, grinding sound from the engine will shoot up for 5 to 8 seconds ( first start in the morning. Took it to the dealer and change the vtc actuator. Scared that it will sound again because a lot of crv owners experienced the sound over again even though they changed the part several times. They should do a recall for this.

2014 CRV Dissapointment
By bmwjeff

2014 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After selling an Acura MDX due it's very thirsty motor and hunting transmission we thought we would just buy a simple, reliable car to get around in. The CRV seemed to fit the bill and we were quickly a 2014 EX AWD owner. Our car averaged about 25 MPG over the course of the 12K of ownership which is OK for a car of its size. The throttle was very touchy and somewhat hard to drive in a smooth fashion. The Green drive button helped to smooth the head jerking starts. At about 8k we acquired a barking dog sound from the rear every time you would start and stop. We had a rattle in the dash on the drivers side and the dreaded cam shaft solenoid rattle at start-up. Sold car back to the dealer

Nothing favorite as it is just to generic of a car.

Constant computer glitches!
By tovalady

2014 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2014 CR-V has had nothing but computer glitches from the day we bought it,it is in the shop again as I write this! 10 attempts later and the car is still not working correctly,So far we have sent a certified letter to corporate to lemon law this vehicle but we just keep getting the "let us fix it " song and dance! It has come down to having to lawyer up and demand a refund or replace the car...Tired of trips being cancelled and being inconvenienced and PAYING for a car that has obvious factory issues! One would think Honda Corp. would be more than compliant with doing the right thing! Very disappointed!

The reason we chose the CR-V after doing a lot of research it seemed to be the best buy for fuel economy and reliability on road trips! Turns out not to be so! Cancelled trips and extended stays in different places because it ends up in the shop all the time!

know how in advance to reprogram or fix all the computer technology before a customer becomes so disgruntled they feel the need to write such a horrible review!