2014 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Safe, comfortable and easy to drive and like
By hondaconvert29 on 03/06/15 16:00 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our CR-V new on 8/2014 after donating our 2002 Mazda MPV minivan which we purchased new and had over 170,000 miles on. The big jump in technology and efficiency has been great. The airy feel of the CR-V interior is an easy transition from our old minivan. Even the armrests built into the seats is reminiscent (though I think the 2015 doesn't have that feature anymore.) Gas mileage has ranged in the upper 20's on mixed driving. The engine is very smooth and relatively quiet and road noise seems reasonable. (More quiet than our old car.) We really looked at and wanted to like the Mazda CX-5 to stay in the Mazda family, but we found the interior to be cramped and dark.

A Great Little SUV
By Paul Liesman on 03/01/15 19:48 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our CRV LX is used as our airport car, NY City car, bad weather vehicle and shopping center car. It gets none of the glory trips, only the tough errands. It soaks up the potholes and does not rattle. The cargo hold puts larger SUVs to shame. Fuel mileage is ok, we only get about 20 mpg, but mostly city driving and short trips. It is very impressive in snow. Very stable with great traction. All in all, a terrific value, but not a great long distance car. Head lights need a lot of improvement.

CR-V CONS
By doctom5 on 02/14/15 07:14 AM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was surprised to see that road noise was not included in the CONS review. This does not bother everyone but it does bother me. Solution, I purchased sound deadening material and installed it from firewall to back. This helped. Then I did the doors. Big improvement but still road noise from wheel wells. I'm 6' and weigh 240. For a long trip the seats and noise are just tiresome. And if you are on a curvy road the CRV doesn't handle great. Bottom line, this is not a driver's car or a guy's car and I guess that;s why my wife loves it.

Excellent Small SUV
By davidgarzon98 on 02/10/15 11:33 AM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car has close to 10.000 miles and I've not had a single problem with it. After cleaning it it still looks 100% new outside and inside. The average fuel consumption has been around 24 miles per gallon (including city driving in Atlanta and highway driving) which is similar to what I was getting with my previous car (civic 2009). I've done a few long trips (12 hours) and is a comfortable ride. I've only visited the dealership for oil changes. The only issue is that I didn't have a good experience buying from Curry Honda.

7k miles then problem starts
By ned20 on 01/30/15 10:21 AM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the new crv 2014 lx model July of 2014. Just this winter when temperature drops 40 f below, grinding sound from the engine will shoot up for 5 to 8 seconds ( first start in the morning. Took it to the dealer and change the vtc actuator. Scared that it will sound again because a lot of crv owners experienced the sound over again even though they changed the part several times. They should do a recall for this.

2014 CRV Dissapointment
By bmwjeff on 01/17/15 05:54 AM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After selling an Acura MDX due it's very thirsty motor and hunting transmission we thought we would just buy a simple, reliable car to get around in. The CRV seemed to fit the bill and we were quickly a 2014 EX AWD owner. Our car averaged about 25 MPG over the course of the 12K of ownership which is OK for a car of its size. The throttle was very touchy and somewhat hard to drive in a smooth fashion. The Green drive button helped to smooth the head jerking starts. At about 8k we acquired a barking dog sound from the rear every time you would start and stop. We had a rattle in the dash on the drivers side and the dreaded cam shaft solenoid rattle at start-up. Sold car back to the dealer

Constant computer glitches!
By tovalady on 01/07/15 13:19 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2014 CR-V has had nothing but computer glitches from the day we bought it,it is in the shop again as I write this! 10 attempts later and the car is still not working correctly,So far we have sent a certified letter to corporate to lemon law this vehicle but we just keep getting the "let us fix it " song and dance! It has come down to having to lawyer up and demand a refund or replace the car...Tired of trips being cancelled and being inconvenienced and PAYING for a car that has obvious factory issues! One would think Honda Corp. would be more than compliant with doing the right thing! Very disappointed!

A real reviewer
By golfcart2 on 01/04/15 15:44 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car based on the great reviews. After owning this car for almost 4 months, I now suspect that most of the reviews are written by the dealers. This car is a huge disappointment. It drives like a golf car. A little bit of wind on the highway, and you better be holding on to the steering wheel with both hands as the car blows all over the road. Just drove it today in about 2 inches of snow and actually got stuck coming out of a driveway - unbelievable. The rear visibility is awful and the back up camera is useless. The interior is cheaply made. And the exterior rear of this car has so much cheap black plastic around the window - it is really quite ugly.

CR-V V stands for Vanilla
By brifi on 11/24/14 19:34 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is like driving an appliance, it's drives OK and gets me where I want to go but has very little character. Fuel economy declines drastically in cold weather. LX seats are not very comfortable after an hour. Rear visibility is very poor, the backup camera is not a solution to this. The stability control catches me by surprise, applying brakes in the middle of a turn when I am not expecting it. The front seat head rests have an aggressive angle that doesn't allow me to stretch and straighten my neck. I wish I had bought the Forester with true AWD. I also wish I could turn off the A/C function that automatically comes on in defrost modes, it is not necessary in my dry winter climate.

No more SUVs...
By marusik on 11/16/14 20:38 PM (PST)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Since my Honda CR-V was my first ever SUV driving experience I knew I would take a little while to adjust to it's unique driving dynamics. My first driving impressions where OK, but during one my long road trips I found out the worse case scenario while traveling at 70 MPH: high speed avoidance maneuver, which brought me to the brink of rolling over. From that quite scary experience I never trusted this vehicle ever again, despite it's good braking power but horrible high speed handling. Not to mention the fact that the lack of the sixth speed makes it quite annoying when driving longer uphill roads. I guess after all, SUVs are supposed to be built for off-road and not much for pavement.

1 2 3 4 5 next »