2014 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Bluetooth is horrible!
By flygirl59 on 08/28/14 17:46 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My biggest complaint is with the navigation system, which isn't user friendly and the Bluetooth has horrible reception. I can hear the caller ok, but they always say I sound like I'm underwater. I've had it into service several times and been unable to get it fixed, so I haven't even used it in over a year. $3000 upgrade is useless! I've since discovered the cars with the best Bluetooth our Cadillac and Toyota, then Kia. The transmission has jerked from day one, and I think it would be nice if the back hatch had an automatic button.

Love lost
By retired28 on 08/28/14 14:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There are a lot of things about this car I love but it has three really poor features that Honda should fix. First, when driving around 90 to 95 kph there is an intermittent, high-pitched whine that can be loud enough to hear over the radio. Honda says it's a "characteristic" of the vehicle, although both the salesman and the mechanic admitted to me that it's loud enough to drive you crazy on a long trip. Second, I paid about $800 for the navigation system only to find the GPS to be almost useless. I finally added a $150 GPS from Costco to help me find my way. Third, if you're driving a lot in the U.S., take a look at the grayed-out mph markings on the speedometer.

Honda CRV makes a good truck subsitute.
By utahcrver on 08/25/14 17:47 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was originally looking for a small truck to replace my 2000 Xterra. But the gas mileage was not to my liking. I them started looking at some of the smaller SUV' s I settled on the Honda CRV for my needs. I pull a small utility trailer for my business and never pull more than 1000 lbs. The 2.4 liter engine is powerful enough for my needs, I still can get over 30 mpg pulling my small trailer. I just finished taking a 1200 mile road trip. And using the ecomode got 34.9 mpg. Ride quality, handling and comfort were great.

2014 CRV was a good choice
By arizgeorge1 on 08/03/14 18:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 CRV in for a 2014 CRV. I had looked at the Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Subaru Forester, but felt that the CRV was the best overall SUV for me. Another big factor in my decision was the excellent service that I have experienced at the local Honda dealer. I was disappointed in the choice of exterior colors (mostly dark shades) and very limited choice of interior colors. On our first long trip we averaged 28-29 mpg. I'm hoping that will improve to 30-31 mpg which I got on my 2008 CRV. One minor annoying issue was the same weak, whimpy horns that I had on my 2008. For $100, I had Honda upgrade my horns to the louder, stronger Honda Accord horns.

Our Favorite Honda Yet
By rtaz on 07/27/14 17:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After three Accords, dating back to 1994, my wife and I purchased our 2014 CRV. My wife is the primary driver, and she loves the higher seating position. Also, both of us find the vehicle to be very comfortable on long trips. We've put on 4K miles in the first 2 months we've owned it. The mileage isn't great as far as what is available in vehicles today, but for a new AWD vehicle, it gets in the high 20's. Our best mileage was on a trip returning to Phoenix from Show Low, Arizona where we got 32.5 mpg, but it is mostly downhill. Some reviewers find the 5 speed automatic to be outdated, but we have found that the unit works just fine in this application. We love our CRV.

2014 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation Review
By ncreviewer on 07/07/14 20:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with navigation is a very nice SUV. I can see why it is ranking 4 to 5 stars. I bought this one about a month or so ago and my wife and I both like it very much. We traded in a 2012 Toyota Rav4 4x4 Limited. We enjoyed the Rav4 and it served us well. No complaints. But the one we had did not have built-in navigation like this Honda and what you get when you get the Honda navigation is voice command capability for many things, like your heat & A/C, phone, and supposedly navigation (but like most guys, I haven't read the manual, so I need to learn how to do that). Lots technology. Very smooth ride. 23.1 avg mpg to date. Hoped for more. But like the car.

Economical and Fun to drive! EX-L With Navi
By hondaloverma on 07/05/14 13:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I went to a Honda dealership initially to look at a Crosstour, but to get one with Navigation was just a little beyond my financial reach. So I looked at the CR-V EX-L With Navigation and was pleasantly surprised. I've now owned it for 8 days and just shy of 1000 miles on it and I'm hooked! I Love it! Cargo space is nice and large, fit a huge box for a carpet steam cleaner with ease. And so far I'm getting high 20's low 30's for gas mileage. I admit I was a bit hesitant to buy the vehicle when I saw a couple reviews that people had complained about visibility at night with the 2013 model, but I have no trouble seeing at night what so ever with mine. Stereo, Navi & leather seats are great!

Good Car - but has quality issues
By rare_review09 on 06/10/14 12:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Honda CRV 2014 model. It gives a good gas mileage. After driving for 6 months here are my griefs about it. 1) The driver seat loses its height on its own. I have to pump it up every week. I consulted the dealership and they said that the mechanism is not broken - as the seat does go up & down on the push of the lever. And there is nothing they can do. 2) I get a low frequency humming sound some where from the rear of the vehile. It happened every time during the winter when I cold start the engine & am driving in the parking lot. After 5 minutes of driving it never happens again. Not noticing it in anymore as the weather has become warm now.

Overall good car but with many flaws.
By autres on 06/07/14 03:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the CR-V for 3months and 5000+ miles. It has a relatively comfortable ride, a Honda typical handling which is excellent. The noise level is very good. And the engine is responsive. But the sun visors are a joke, it can not telescope so it can not shield your eyes from the sun when you swing it to the side!!! The back seats can not recline so it will be a torture for the passengers on long trips. I would not buy this car if I have a chance to do it over again.

Great value - Small things annoy
By polarbear14 on 06/05/14 12:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this for over 6 months and 5000+ miles, It replaced an older Honda Crosstour - glad we did. The CRV is comfortable, highly maneuverable and very economical for an AWD. The controls are easy to use. We would consider buying this car again if we were in the market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$125 per month*