2014 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Should have bought RAV 4
By coosa43

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought our 2014 Honda CRV one year ago when we traded in our 2009 Nissan Xterra for what we thought would be an upgrade. We recently took our Honda into the local dealership for routine service and a problem with the air conditioning. The vehicle had 15000 miles so we were not worried with a repair cost due to the BUMBER TO BUMBER Warranty of 36000 miles. I go in and tell the technician the problem and state that the problem should be covered under warranty and his first statement was not so fast that if it was a hole in the condenser for the A/C it would not be covered. Major problem with the whole A/C on the CRV's. Paid 600 for repair on a brand new car.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, nice riding car and overall good interior, very comfortable for our family of four.

Suggested Improvements

Warranty STINKS!!!, major A/C problems at very low miles DO YOUR OWN RESERCH, Tire pressure light comes on frequently with correct pressure in tires.

Safe, comfortable and easy to drive and like
By hondaconvert29

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our CR-V new on 8/2014 after donating our 2002 Mazda MPV minivan which we purchased new and had over 170,000 miles on. The big jump in technology and efficiency has been great. The airy feel of the CR-V interior is an easy transition from our old minivan. Even the armrests built into the seats is reminiscent (though I think the 2015 doesn't have that feature anymore.) Gas mileage has ranged in the upper 20's on mixed driving. The engine is very smooth and relatively quiet and road noise seems reasonable. (More quiet than our old car.) We really looked at and wanted to like the Mazda CX-5 to stay in the Mazda family, but we found the interior to be cramped and dark.

Favorite Features

Nice detailed touches such as the radio volume automatically increasing with speed and decreasing when slowing and coming to a stop. The little light above the CD slot to indicate that a CD is in. Customizable screensavers for the multipurpose screen. When entering the car for the first time after a rain or snow and you pull the wiper stalk to clear the windshield, the rear wiper clears automatically too. Utility of space. Unlike other commenters, I've found the engine to have plenty of power in our Colorado mountains. We loaded the car with four adult passengers and four bikes on a hitch carrier and had no trouble passing and staying ahead of the slow lane on mountain passes.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far...Very happy with this purchase and looking forward to driving it for another 10 years like our previous car. Snow and winter traction has been stellar so far.

A Great Little SUV
By Paul Liesman

2014 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our CRV LX is used as our airport car, NY City car, bad weather vehicle and shopping center car. It gets none of the glory trips, only the tough errands. It soaks up the potholes and does not rattle. The cargo hold puts larger SUVs to shame. Fuel mileage is ok, we only get about 20 mpg, but mostly city driving and short trips. It is very impressive in snow. Very stable with great traction. All in all, a terrific value, but not a great long distance car. Head lights need a lot of improvement.

Favorite Features

No rattles, smooth Honda engine, good brakes, runs on regular gas.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be better. Head lights are awful. Wipers get clogged with sno.

CR-V CONS
By doctom5

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was surprised to see that road noise was not included in the CONS review. This does not bother everyone but it does bother me. Solution, I purchased sound deadening material and installed it from firewall to back. This helped. Then I did the doors. Big improvement but still road noise from wheel wells. I'm 6' and weigh 240. For a long trip the seats and noise are just tiresome. And if you are on a curvy road the CRV doesn't handle great. Bottom line, this is not a driver's car or a guy's car and I guess that;s why my wife loves it.

Suggested Improvements

Insulate your cars better Honda. It's cheap and good for sales.

Excellent Small SUV
By davidgarzon98

2014 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car has close to 10.000 miles and I've not had a single problem with it. After cleaning it it still looks 100% new outside and inside. The average fuel consumption has been around 24 miles per gallon (including city driving in Atlanta and highway driving) which is similar to what I was getting with my previous car (civic 2009). I've done a few long trips (12 hours) and is a comfortable ride. I've only visited the dealership for oil changes. The only issue is that I didn't have a good experience buying from Curry Honda.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, reliability, moon-roof, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Improve training for the sales and finance people in the dealerships (Curry Honda). Design an anti-theft device for the catalytic converter because of the increased number of cases for Toyotas and Hondas in the Atlanta area.