2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Plain jane

2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Plain jane
By rwalters1 on

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice automobile, but for an EX-L it is bare bones equipment. Put 5500 miles on so far. Acceleration has gotten better, mileage good but the seats are awful. I have never had such a sore behind in my life. My wife and I are of small build and the seat is firm right in the middle where your tailbone rides. My tailbone feels like its on fire in just ten minutes of driving, hers too, either seat. Its going to the upholstery shop soon. If he can't fix it then it will be sold. Who designed those seats. They must be like the accord seats everybody complains about. Called Honda, they don't seem interested in helping me out, see the dealer. UPDATE: Sold this car because the seat could not be made comfortable. Took it to a shop and took it apart, it is designed to be hard in the middle. A.C. was marginal especially on a hot day, no right side blind spot mirror, wiper control moved down for ON position, rear cargo only had two plastic hooks to secure items in back, poor towing abilities, must buy Honda racks to use roof rack $$$, resale was not very good, Acceleration was poor on a hot and humid day with the air running, it seemed as though the air did not have a max. ability for cooling quickly. Bought a Ford and we like it very much. I would rather have my Ford serviced than drive that miserable Honda just to say we have a Honda. Now I know all that car rating business is a sham. Who could miss all these issues with a car that is supposed to be so great and it was the top trim level Honda offered. Also forgot to mention that with the Honda we had to buy leather seats and a sunroof, about $3,500 more just to get a powered drivers seat. Don't have that problem with the ford. Got rid of it around 15,000 miles.

• Bluetooth
  • Maintenance cost

• Front seats
  • Cargo storage
  • Logic of controls
  • Parking aids
  • Climate control
  • Resale value

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By rwalters1
on 04/16/14 21:45 PM (UTC)

UPDATE Third trip to upholstery shop. He removed the leather on the bottom seat and we have been driving it like that. Much better feel to seat. most of the pressure from the center of the seat is gone now. Looks like we will have to pay someone to redo the bottom seat cover or sell this thing once and for all. No rear control to lock car from hatch. When you lock the windows from drivers seat you can not operate any windows from the drivers seat unlike any car I have had. Radio controls are on left side of steering wheel when you use your hand the radio is on the right???????? why. Standard roof rack cross bars can not be used, you have to buy Honda cross bars and then brackets for what you will haul??????? really. No towing packages available on the Hondas. 1000 lb max.

By tmcs1959
on 01/20/14 03:17 AM (UTC)

My question is, why did you buy this vehicle in the first place? Did you not take one for a test drive? If you can feel your tail bone get sore now in 10 minutes, it only stands to reason that you would have had the same problem in a test drive! I find the seats in my 2013 CRV to be very comfortable.