Plain jane
By rwalters1 on
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Nice automobile, but for an EX-L it is a bare bones equipment. Put 5500 miles on so far. Acceleration has gotten better, mileage good but the seats are awful. I have never had such a sore behind in my life. My wife and I are of small build and the seat is firm right in the middle where your tailbone rides. My tailbone feels like its on fire in just ten minutes of driving, hers too, either seat. Its going to the upholstery shop soon. If he can't fix it then it will be sold. Who designed those seats. They must be like the accord seats everybody complains about. Called Honda, they don't seem interested in helping me out, see the dealer.
Favorite Features
Fuel mileage. After driving lincolns and Fords this car is like a stripped down version of what we were used to. No garage door opener, no keyless, etc.
Suggested Improvements
Fix Those Seats, they are terrible!!!!!! I even asked a few of my passengers what they thought of the seats in this Honda. No one said they were comfortable. Most commented about the pressure in the middle of the seat. The first panel of leather has a seam across the seat right where your tail bone rests. This magnifies the pressure you get from the seat. I also bought a new Ford Fusion. Those seats are like riding on air compared to this Honda.
By tmcs1959
on 01/19/14 19:17 PM (PST)

My question is, why did you buy this vehicle in the first place? Did you not take one for a test drive? If you can feel your tail bone get sore now in 10 minutes, it only stands to reason that you would have had the same problem in a test drive! I find the seats in my 2013 CRV to be very comfortable.

By rwalters1
on 04/16/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

UPDATE Third trip to upholstery shop. He removed the leather on the bottom seat and we have been driving it like that. Much better feel to seat. most of the pressure from the center of the seat is gone now. Looks like we will have to pay someone to redo the bottom seat cover or sell this thing once and for all. No rear control to lock car from hatch. When you lock the windows from drivers seat you can not operate any windows from the drivers seat unlike any car I have had. Radio controls are on left side of steering wheel when you use your hand the radio is on the right???????? why. Standard roof rack cross bars can not be used, you have to buy Honda cross bars and then brackets for what you will haul??????? really. No towing packages available on the Hondas. 1000 lb max.