2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: PERHAPS THE BEST CAR I'VE OWNE

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

PERHAPS THE BEST CAR I'VE OWNED IN SIXTY YEARS
By caraewron on

2013 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a 2012 CR-V LX Nov. 1, 2012 for $21,600 plus tax and license. Gave away my 10 year old Matrix which had held up nicely. Shopped online for best prices. I saved $1,100 by buying from a dealer 70 miles north. Honda seems to have anticipated what I want in a car: good radio sound; easily read instrument panel; daytime running lights; radio controls on steering wheel; good acceleration; head room; comfortable back seats; height adjustable front seat; constant mpg readout; respectable gas mileage; those high and narrow taillights; headlights are good high and low. The front seat seems almost to firm but most seats are a challenge for a tall (6ft 2in) driver. I'd gladly buy it again.

Solid feeling when parking brake applied. Instrument panel is spot on with large speedometer that is easy to read day or night. MPG log on Trip B as well as Trip A odometers. License plates easy to attach. Ease of replacing headlight shields/lenses when cloudy (at least it seems designed to allow this). White color of instrument panel light with green accents and econ mode halo. Econ button is nice option. Folding rear seat headrests to allow better driver view. Taillights can be seen from the side. Three point belt for rear center passenger. Design inside and out elegantly simple. Backup mirror is wonderful! I still turn and look at the car as I walk away and like what I see.

More pronounced "stops" on heater fan control. Reclining rear seats. Supplemental turn indicators on side view mirrors. Convex blind spot area on driver's side view mirror (see 2013 Escape). Move brake pedal an inch to the left so drivers with big feet don't hit it accidentally when going for the accelerator. Design a flat rear floor (see 2002 Toyota Matrix). A dashboard switch to turn on all three overhead lights at the same time (and to turn the automatic door-open on feature off or on). Want to "see" windshield fluid level for washer. Steering wheel with less "hard plastic" feel. Hand grip on front pillar for the driver. Steering wheel comes out further.