2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Sound System Is Fraudulently A

2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Sound System Is Fraudulently Advertised
By radioarchivist on

2013 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased from a dealer with whom I had over 30 good years of experience with Volvos. As I thought their service was excellent and they were very close, I purchased the car albeit via a high pressure salesman. The CR-V get's better millage in average driving than my old 2000 RAV4 did on the highway. It is also quieter, bigger, more comfortable and more powerful. The OEM radio has very poor AM sound. Being formerly heavily involved in auto radio design. I measured the power, and found it to to be 40 Watts, not 160. Complaints got nothing but lies. They even refused to put their reply in writing, only verbally via telephone. The refused to reveal how they arrive at 160 Watts.

Mileage, quietness, room, power

The radio should have been tested by competent radio receiver engineers in the USA. I performed such duties for the biggest German company involved in such products and never let such poorly designed junk get past me. The AM sound is muffled and has droning sound. It's volume is about 8 dB louder than the FM or CD. Its tone control is worthless as it effects all sources. So, if you adjust it to make the AM listenable, the FM and CD will sound horrible. They should state true power output and not use more than inflated numbers. If you cannot trust that, why would you trust their rated horsepower?