Great Vehicle but has comfort issues...
By roamfree on
2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Bought this CRV in Jan 2013. Have about a thousand miles on it. Power is nicely responsive for a 4 cyl. Steering and Road/Ride Quality is sweet! Bluetooth works great with my iPhone 4s. Radio & Phone steering wheel controls are nice. If I had a main gripe its the comfort of seats and the whole Steering wheel/Arm Rest Combo. I'm 5'10" & 220 lbs and seats are a bit small for me(width-wise). Steering wheel doesn't telescope nor move down enough towards driver. On hghwy trips I'm unable to drive as casually as I would like whereas my wrist is on my lap and holding steering at 5-7 o'clock..and thats with my seat ratcheted up most of the way. Armrests are too narrow and unsupportive.
Favorite Features
Power/Fuel Economy is nice. Coming from a V6 with my last vehicle, I thought I would feel the loss of power but surprisingly it is just as good as my old V6. Love the Hands-free phone capability, Back-up camera, and steering wheel controls. Road/ride/suspension is superb especially on my pot-holed filled rough roads where I live in NE PA. AWD works great on icy/snowy roads. I got 23 mpg on my last fill-up with 50/50 city-hwy driving. Still in break-in period I guess so it should improve. Love the USB option. I copied all my music from my computer to a portable USB drive and it plays everything nicely. Also the auto-folding rear seats are fantastic.
Suggested Improvements
Heated Mirrors should be standard. A must for driving in winter climates. A glove box and center console storage could use a light. Telescoping steering wheel at its most closest and down position acts like the usual standard position you find on other vehicles. Not that I want it touching my lap or stomach, per se, but still, it would be nice if it had that kind of range. Also, upgrade the cloth seating(too velvet-like) and add more color options. Make side door exterior moldigs standard. Too many people recklessly swing their car doors out too much especially our aging baby boomer population(its only gonna get worse) The rear window is a bit too small(add a few more inches to bottom)