2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: First Honda in 35 years but no

2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

First Honda in 35 years but not the last.
By kawliga on

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife steered me towards this vehicle to replace a Town and Country which was getting long in the tooth.
I balked at the SUV thing for a long time and now realize I may have been in error thinking this way.
I needed a vehicle that would tow a light utility trailer and get reasonable gas mileage.

Just got back from a trip to Florida from mid Missouri.
Best mileage was 31 on the highway, worst was 27 in town driving.
Comfortable at highway speeds, nimble and responsive when a truck came into our lane without warning.
Purchased without waiting for the new RAV 4 to become available and not sorry (we have a Camry so I am not anti-Toyota).
Glad Honda builds this.

Looks, Gas mileage, All Wheel Drive for Missouri winters, Heated Seats, and Radio/electronic functions. Can use iPhone/iPad. Standard features on each model made our decision easier. Dual climate zones and controls. Size of area with rear seat folded.

Cons: Price of dealer accessories. I purchased genuine Honda accessories on line for a considerable savings. Wish it had some type of lane avoidance feature like Ford/Mazda instead of funny driver side rearview mirror. Did not purchase Navigation option, Honda wants $150 per year to update maps, for that price I can purchase a new Garmin each year.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review