2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: DISAPPOINTED

2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

2013 Honda CR-V

EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

DISAPPOINTED
By aky13 on

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Compared with my previous vehicle, a 2004 Honda CR-V, the 2013 is VERY disappointing in all aspects EXCEPT fuel economy. When the CR-V was redesigned, Honda - in MY opinion - made a horrendous error by notably reducing the size of the rear window while simultaneously increasing the interior "wrap around" on the rear sides of the vehicle thus dramatically reducing rear visibility. The interior design of the vehicle is very troubling to me. Some IDIOT engineer/designer stuck a blower motor (I assume that is what it is) for the ventilation system in the foot space on the passenger side. Considering that this is NOT a humongous vehicle to begin, removing six or so inches of foot space (maybe 200+ cubic inches of foot space) was TERRIBLE. Honda also reduced the amount and locations of storage space from the older models. While the following may not be of importance to most people, it IS to me: the Honda CR-V model that I bought has a "better" audio system INCLUDING a "subwoofer." Again, some IDIOT engineer/designer (the same one??) located the subwoofer* directly under the passenger seat and firing UP into the seat cushion. You do NOT need to be an acoustic engineer to understand that the seat cushion will almost completely swallow sound pressure from the subwoofer making it USELESS. BTW, when I first went to the dealer to ASK where the subwoofer is located since I could not hear it; they indicated that they did NOT CARE. I will NEVER again buy a vehicle from them! *the actual "subwoofer" in the CR-V is a speaker of something like 4.5 inches diameter. I do not know what kind of magnet it has, but unless some VERY SPECIAL engineering is done (as in BOSE speakers), 4.5 inches is pathetic for a subwoofer.

I am not thrilled by the performance of the vehicle, although it DOES get great mileage. The transmission shifting is very noticeable.

For all of these reasons, I turned the CR-V over to my wife. She did not mind since she drives very little these days. I bought a 2015 Subaru Forest. While it does not get quite as good mpg as the CR-V, it is a FAR superior vehicle in MY opinion. AND, the Continuously Variable Transmission is s delight!

• Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review