I am very happy with my new CRV!
By aimless123 on
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I haven't bought a new car in years and I did a ton of research to find the best little SUV that would last and be the most reliable. All of my research pointed to the Honda CRV over and over again. I did drive a Rav 4 and it felt cheap and rattly even though it was new and had the highest trim. I planned to drive the Mazda CX5 but once I drove the CRV I did not feel it was necessary. I also considered the Ford Escape because it is awesome looking but reliability on Ford does not even come close to Honda. The interior of the CRV is very handsome and makes me feel like I am driving a european import. I considered the cloth interior but once I saw the leather I fell in love with it.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the 28 MPG I average. I was worried about the 4 CYL being wimpy but it is really quick to respond in all situations. I love that the eco option will shut off if the pedal is pressed for urgent speed but I haven't encountered that need gratefully. We recently took a road trip and had to climb a long hill that is notorious for testing engine power and can end up being a long slow climb. Well the CRV handled it easily and I didn't have to floor the gas pedal. We even had quite a load of cargo. Of course the other favorite feature is the safety ratings!!
Suggested Improvements
I do wish there was a power port in the rear seat area for the kids' electronics. It is a little irritating to have a lot of power cords coming to the console area and sometimes we have to use a splitter.
By crzrman39
on 12/24/13 17:10 PM (PST)

I appreciate the review you wrote. It's great to check the competition & see that dollar for dollar Honda can't be beat for reliability & resale value. I like the simplicity of the controls. I'm on my 3rd civic coupe all bought from the same dealer. I'm now looking at CRV's.