2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: CR-V Is A Pleasure To Drive!

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

CR-V Is A Pleasure To Drive!
By wds1 on

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My senior parents are the actual owners of this vehicle, but I have driven it enough and helped them weed through numerous other vehicles (months and months of research and test driving) to feel confident in making a review. My mother's strong pull to the CR-V was the actual deciding factor in the final purchase. I feel she made a great decision! This vehicle offers a lot for the money. We test drove countless vehicles and my parents kept coming back to this one. I was not as crazy about it as them, but see that it has many desirable features and feel it is definitely worth the money. Overall, it is a great little SUV!

The higher stance of the SUV styling is a plus. You can also haul a lot especially with the fold down back seats, but still not have the bulkiness of a larger SUV. The leather interior is very nice and also quite comfortable. I especially like the fact that the car turns on a dime, so to speak! The wheelspan is very desirable, as you can get in and out of tight places quite easily. The navigation feature also provides the larger view of the back up camera which is a great feature if your eye sight is aging. In regard to the gas mileage it averages in the mid 20's in city, but have gotten up to 39 MPG (only once) on interstate driving. The avg. for interstate driving in econ is in the 30's.

I wish the CR-V was more powerful. For my parents, they are pleased though. I personally drive a Accord V-6 and it is a bit of a shock at the power reduction between the two, but do feel it causes me to stay within the speed limit if I happen to drive the vehicle. I notice slower driving especially on the interstate, as it just lacks power to do more, in my opinion.