2013 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great Vehicle but has comfort issues...
By roamfree on 02/04/13 21:53 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this CRV in Jan 2013. Have about a thousand miles on it. Power is nicely responsive for a 4 cyl. Steering and Road/Ride Quality is sweet! Bluetooth works great with my iPhone 4s. Radio & Phone steering wheel controls are nice. If I had a main gripe its the comfort of seats and the whole Steering wheel/Arm Rest Combo. I'm 5'10" & 220 lbs and seats are a bit small for me(width-wise). Steering wheel doesn't telescope nor move down enough towards driver. On hghwy trips I'm unable to drive as casually as I would like whereas my wrist is on my lap and holding steering at 5-7 o'clock..and thats with my seat ratcheted up most of the way. Armrests are too narrow and unsupportive.

PERHAPS THE BEST CAR I'VE OWNED IN SIXTY YEARS
By caraewron on 01/27/13 20:35 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a 2012 CR-V LX Nov. 1, 2012 for $21,600 plus tax and license. Gave away my 10 year old Matrix which had held up nicely. Shopped online for best prices. I saved $1,100 by buying from a dealer 70 miles north. Honda seems to have anticipated what I want in a car: good radio sound; easily read instrument panel; daytime running lights; radio controls on steering wheel; good acceleration; head room; comfortable back seats; height adjustable front seat; constant mpg readout; respectable gas mileage; those high and narrow taillights; headlights are good high and low. The front seat seems almost to firm but most seats are a challenge for a tall (6ft 2in) driver. I'd gladly buy it again.

The CRV has Problems
By ron1949 on 01/19/13 15:21 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well after much research I took the plunge. The water was filled with disappointment. The dealer could not program the hands free phone, delivered the car dirty and not serviced, and tried to sell all kinds of useless add-ons. Not what I remembered from my last Honda. The innovation is just not there. Now for all of you poor souls who looked and looked for the wiper indicator its not there. Honda America has some kind dip stick to let you know if wiper fluid is low. Won't find out until you are in a dangerous situation and no way to clear your windsheild. The car was delivered with an empty tank. Watch out for tranmission surge while in Econ Mode.

Great mileage
By foole on 01/12/13 20:47 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got mine from Honda of Ocala. They wanted $35000 for a LX. Going elsewhere next time. That's the Honda location that Edmunds shows available models for on the sidebar automatically. Just finished a trip with my LX and I got 32 mpg using cruise control and econ where as my wife got 35 mpg with econ and without cruise control. Go figure. It's nice being higher up than a sedan. Comfortable trip. 13 hours each way.

First Honda in 35 years but not the last.
By kawliga on 12/31/12 06:50 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife steered me towards this vehicle to replace a Town and Country which was getting long in the tooth. I balked at the SUV thing for a long time and now realize I may have been in error thinking this way. I needed a vehicle that would tow a light utility trailer and get reasonable gas mileage. Just got back from a trip to Florida from mid Missouri. Best mileage was 31 on the highway, worst was 27 in town driving. Comfortable at highway speeds, nimble and responsive when a truck came into our lane without warning. Purchased without waiting for the new RAV 4 to become available and not sorry (we have a Camry so I am not anti-Toyota). Glad Honda builds this.

Feels Just Right
By jcricket on 12/15/12 06:20 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a big man. This car fits me. It is easy to enter and exit. The seats are wide and comfortable. The seating position and view of the road is higher than its competitors, a major factor in my town full of tall vehicles. The drive feel is responsive and a bit upscale. Gas mileage is good enough at this early stage of break-in. Some hwy trips have already gotten 33mpg. Averaging 26mpg combined. Still learning the electronics/phone. Handsfree phone is a nice plus. Cargo area is cavernous with rear seats easily dropped. Shortcomings - none of them deal killers: Headlights are a bit dim. I replaced them. AWD is just OK; good enough for snow but not serious off-road capable. Overall: Civilized.

Early Christmas Present!
By aimatben on 11/28/12 18:34 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My father decided it would be a good idea for me to get a car since i go to school in Buffalo. He is a previous Hillside Honda customer. and they made us happy once again. Everything was perfect. We were out of there in less than 4 hours! I chose the CRV because I am usually in a carpool back in buffalo. I absolutely love my car. The salesperson Steve was really professional and the sales manager Mr. Adams were extremely helpful. The process was smooth and painless. I couldnt have asked for a better christmas present. I would absolutely recommend it!

My new CRV after 10 years
By jparedes on 11/15/12 08:35 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Yes, finally decided to get back into debt (after 5 of no car payments)...it was time, my 2002 CRV (which I bought new) already has 240,000. miles (that's right)...no engine or tramission overhaul has been needed....the car is still in excellent shape, so much that now it was passed to my son... That's the main reason as to why I bought another CVR .... "RELIABILITY".. The 2013 CVR LX has a very confortable ride, little wind noise in the highway, good visibilty, good handling.

Best value for the money
By pasuriole on 09/29/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving many different small suvs, the Honda won me over. Dollar for dollar it was the best out there. The exl comes well equipped including blue tooth, back up camera, leather interior. fog lights, sun roof, climate control, just to mention a few. I had owned a 2008 crv and really liked that. This new body style keeps all the good points of the old one but addresses the road noise issues and adds a more compliant ride. The 4 cylinder engine has more than adequate power and the 5 speed automatic transmission is as smooth as silk. Great on gas too.