Used 2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CR-V EX-L 2013
By whitelinerr

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First drive was across central Oregon at 60 mph. Note speed limit is only 55. But 35.4 mpg for the first tank fillup is pretty darn good. Wind that day was calm and dry roads. Since then it's only been around town with an average speed of 27 to 29 mph. With that I'm getting 29 to 30 mpg.

I'm 6' 2" and average build. Seats are very comfortable. Load it up with three adults and 2 children and still feels like a lot of room. Very well designed.

I have been using Garmin GPS for years. Really miss the "speed limit" tag on display. And several times I've jumped into the co-pilot seat to play with the nav/radio system and have been "locked out", unable to practice or help the driver. Note, when in "drive" most features are disabled from the dash mounted unit. Those features are only available thru steering wheel buttons and voice commands. Suggestion, have some sort of an override similar to the air bag OFF feature. When someone is occupying that co-pilot seat, enable an override for example.

I am very happy with my new CRV!
By aimless123

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't bought a new car in years and I did a ton of research to find the best little SUV that would last and be the most reliable. All of my research pointed to the Honda CRV over and over again. I did drive a Rav 4 and it felt cheap and rattly even though it was new and had the highest trim. I planned to drive the Mazda CX5 but once I drove the CRV I did not feel it was necessary. I also considered the Ford Escape because it is awesome looking but reliability on Ford does not even come close to Honda. The interior of the CRV is very handsome and makes me feel like I am driving a european import. I considered the cloth interior but once I saw the leather I fell in love with it.

My favorite feature is the 28 MPG I average. I was worried about the 4 CYL being wimpy but it is really quick to respond in all situations. I love that the eco option will shut off if the pedal is pressed for urgent speed but I haven't encountered that need gratefully. We recently took a road trip and had to climb a long hill that is notorious for testing engine power and can end up being a long slow climb. Well the CRV handled it easily and I didn't have to floor the gas pedal. We even had quite a load of cargo. Of course the other favorite feature is the safety ratings!!

I do wish there was a power port in the rear seat area for the kids' electronics. It is a little irritating to have a lot of power cords coming to the console area and sometimes we have to use a splitter.

2013 Honda CrV-Do Not Purchase-Poor Exterior Lighting
By pompom

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We test drove this car during the day. We were dumbfounded at how the exterior lights on this car are not pointed toward the road. You can night drive at night unless you have your high beams on. Good luck with that. The dealer states nothing is wrong. You have got to be kidding. Only have 3,200 miles on it and this may be the first car that we dump that is less than 6 months old. An accident waiting to happen!

Fix the exterior lighting and secondly bring back the customer service to your Michigan dealerships. Once they have your money they won't assist you and if you call the 1-800 number to have Honda assist you they are rude and have absolutely no power to assist you!

Great Small SUV
By southpaw3

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my EX-L with nav for two weeks and am very happy with my purchase. It is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Much has been said about sluggish acceleration but I find the acceleration to be great for this type of vehicle and I think Honda got it right balancing responsiveness and fuel economy. It's great having the Econ option for greater fuel economy too. I don't find road noise to be a problem at all and think the car is well insulated. As to the complaints about the sound system, it could be better but I am pleased with it. Again, I didn't buy this car expecting a luxury sound. I highly recommend this CR-V.

I really like the comfortable seats, smooth ride, Econ option, build quality, styling, finish, i-MID features, large back-up camera on nav screen, back seat fold down mechanism, and great cargo capacity.

It would be nice to have projector headlamps and side-mirror turn signals like foreign models but it's not a big deal. A better subwoofer would be welcome. That's it.

Sound System Is Fraudulently Advertised
By radioarchivist

2013 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased from a dealer with whom I had over 30 good years of experience with Volvos. As I thought their service was excellent and they were very close, I purchased the car albeit via a high pressure salesman. The CR-V get's better millage in average driving than my old 2000 RAV4 did on the highway. It is also quieter, bigger, more comfortable and more powerful. The OEM radio has very poor AM sound. Being formerly heavily involved in auto radio design. I measured the power, and found it to to be 40 Watts, not 160. Complaints got nothing but lies. They even refused to put their reply in writing, only verbally via telephone. The refused to reveal how they arrive at 160 Watts.

Mileage, quietness, room, power

The radio should have been tested by competent radio receiver engineers in the USA. I performed such duties for the biggest German company involved in such products and never let such poorly designed junk get past me. The AM sound is muffled and has droning sound. It's volume is about 8 dB louder than the FM or CD. Its tone control is worthless as it effects all sources. So, if you adjust it to make the AM listenable, the FM and CD will sound horrible. They should state true power output and not use more than inflated numbers. If you cannot trust that, why would you trust their rated horsepower?