Used 2013 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Terrible Full Beam Headlights and Cold in winter
By nmark

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2013 CR-V because of how much I like my 2010 Odyssey. There is absolutely no comparison because the CR-V is so inferior to the Odyssey (sadly). Problems: 1. Full Beam Headlights are hopeless. The area in the immediate front of the car and at the sides is far too dark. It's almost as if the headlights point straight ahead and are elevated. It's a road hazard driving at night in the country where there are no city lights. Honda dealer replaced bulbs but no difference. Honda and Dealer simply deny there is a problem. 2. Car temperature inside is unbearable when temp drops below 20 degrees F.

Continuing the problems I have experienced: 3. Fuel consumption in winter drops to a pathetic 22 miles per gallon. 4. Electronic seat adjustment is not nearly as flexible as Odyssey, e.g. vertical lift is minuscule by comparison. Favorite Features: 1. internal arm rests 2. Reasonable seat comfort

1. Passenger seat should also have electronic controls. (I have EX-L AWD model and only driver's seat has electronic controls.) 2. Garage Door Openers should be built-in just like the Odyssey. 3. Rear seats should have adjustment for angle of back (rear) support. 4. Fuel consumption needs to improve, especially in winter when it drops off dramatically. 5. The doors need to be insulated because cold air penetration is unbearable when temperatures drop below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.

Plain jane
By rwalters1

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice automobile, but for an EX-L it is a bare bones equipment. Put 5500 miles on so far. Acceleration has gotten better, mileage good but the seats are awful. I have never had such a sore behind in my life. My wife and I are of small build and the seat is firm right in the middle where your tailbone rides. My tailbone feels like its on fire in just ten minutes of driving, hers too, either seat. Its going to the upholstery shop soon. If he can't fix it then it will be sold. Who designed those seats. They must be like the accord seats everybody complains about. Called Honda, they don't seem interested in helping me out, see the dealer.

Fuel mileage. After driving lincolns and Fords this car is like a stripped down version of what we were used to. No garage door opener, no keyless, etc.

Fix Those Seats, they are terrible!!!!!! I even asked a few of my passengers what they thought of the seats in this Honda. No one said they were comfortable. Most commented about the pressure in the middle of the seat. The first panel of leather has a seam across the seat right where your tail bone rests. This magnifies the pressure you get from the seat. I also bought a new Ford Fusion. Those seats are like riding on air compared to this Honda.

bad batteries
By dangthieu

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car do not start in -9 degree even the car still 10 months old. (cr-v 2013).

do not buy cheap batteries

Not much extra about EX model
By don0xff

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CRV EX-L. It has heated leather seats. We've had hondas, Accords and Odyssey, before, which were very good vehicles: reliable, great value, good performance, comfortable, etc., so thought this would be a good choice. Issues: headlights, tranny, radio, info screen. Seems as though part of the headlights are blocked, and even more so with with the high-beams on. Tranny: test drive seemed very smooth, but later noticed that when decelerating then give it gas there is good amount of delay in the acceleration. Can't you go with 6 speed? Radio: Really? lower grad than what I had in my 1995 Accord. Why put that in top-end model. Info screen: was this project complete?

Improved style outside. Extremely efficient with space.

Put more luxury into EX-L. Radio is cheap. Interior trim is cheap. Could be a little bigger. Put in 6 speed tranny. Fix the headlights - this is reduction of functionality. Stop resting on your successes.

ROLLAWAY!
By unhappywithcrv

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We parked my 2013 Honda CR-V on a < 30 degree incline, put it in park and turned off the engine. After going behind it, opening the hatch and taking out 2 bags it began to roll backward. I had the car for only 3 months and have had no warning of any problem. I have reported this to NHTSA and am waiting for a resolution but will not drive this car again. As a side note: even though I drive with ECO on, I have never gotten close to 30mpg. The best is around 25.

A full investigation needs to be done and a recall issued before someone is killed.