2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great overall**excessive Road Noise
By angiev3703 on 08/19/13 21:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Shopped around for a couple of months before deciding to purchase a new Honda Suv My previous one had horribly uncomfortable seats. That was 8 Years ago. Have only had this one two days; so far no complaints on comfort. Overall great looking; good fuel economy, love the technology. Very roomy. Good visibility. My only concern at this point is road noise. I would classify it as excessive. I've had a Ford Expedition and a Honda Pilot; both were 4-wheel drive and much less road noise. I'm going to try my carpeted floor mats to see if that helps otherwise the car may be going back to the dealer on day number three.

Fantastic Gas Mileage!
By zarakand on 07/17/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car just took a trip from Chicago to Virginia in it and averaged 41mpg according to the onboard computer. When I did the math manually using gallons and miles from the odometer it came out to 40.2mpg. For an SUV that is amazing! Now, I used to drive a Prius for work so I'm always watching my driving patterns and am fairly gentle on the gas. On this trip I drove about 60-65mph most of the drive and set cruise control on several occasions. I absolutely love the car and it's big upgrade from my Honda Fit.

Best Overall Value after Hours of Research
By mtayub on 07/11/13 17:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After much research, im a CRV Owner. Gas mileage in town is 27 Avg. Gas mileage on 2000 mile trip from Michigan to Alabama and back 29mpg. Econ mode on whole time. MPG AVG 28.7. Very Comfortable seats. Lots of leg and storage room for all passengers. Rear seats recline, love it. Low interior noise. Very High reliability. Blue tooth works great, and reads my text messages to me. I love the plastic stays nice longer. Its soft where it needs to be. I did significant research on 2013 CRV and 2013 Rav, I went with CRV. For 2013 CRV LX AWD Paid 24000 plus tax and plate. American Made in Ohio is a plus. Im pretty picky and hard to please, im extremely happy with my CRV.

i want to love this car, but
By dean40 on 06/08/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i talked my wife into going from a Lexus rx330 to the '13 crv, and for the most part i am happy with the decision, but there have been a few small headaches. Driving home from the dealer is realized the right front turn signal was inop, then when i got home i saw the roof rail was coming up on the rr, and 2 valve stem caps were missing. Took it to a different dealer the next day and he replaced the bulb on the drive, but i had to come back to have the roof rail replaced. So a car with under 100 miles on it has been to the dealer twice. Hopefully these little gremlins are just a fluke, and from now on its just oil changes and basic maintenance.

Poor Exterior Lighting
By pompom on 06/07/13 05:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was so looking forward to purchasing my new car. I did a lot of research and came to 3 top cars. I chose the CRV and I think I made a big mistake. It did not help that the dealer delivered a very dirty car to me and when I called to complain the salesman would not assist me. The finance guy tried and tried to get me to put almost $2,000 on my loan for an extended warranty. It would have been nice for someone to show me what the so called ten computers do instead of trying to upsell me so hard! Now when I drive at night the exterior lighting is so bad that I almost always have to drive with the high beams on something I have never had to do with other cars. Very bad experience!

CR-V Is A Pleasure To Drive!
By wds1 on 05/27/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My senior parents are the actual owners of this vehicle, but I have driven it enough and helped them weed through numerous other vehicles (months and months of research and test driving) to feel confident in making a review. My mother's strong pull to the CR-V was the actual deciding factor in the final purchase. I feel she made a great decision! This vehicle offers a lot for the money. We test drove countless vehicles and my parents kept coming back to this one. I was not as crazy about it as them, but see that it has many desirable features and feel it is definitely worth the money. Overall, it is a great little SUV!

Great Vehicle for What it Is
By mstrongin on 05/18/13 16:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had purchased the sports wagon I had always wanted about 18 months ago - a 2012 Audi A4 quattro turbo Avant. Loved the way that car looked and drove. But a few months ago I had back surgery and getting in and out of the Audi became problematic. Between back issues and not getting any younger (57) I started looking at small SUVs that had to meet certain criteria: wouldn't cost me anything after sale/trade in of my Audi; very comfortable seating; regular fuel and good mileage; lots of technology; high reliability. The CRV has all that. It's not great looking and nowhere near as much fun to drive as the Audi, but what it does well it does really well.

Drove them all chose a Honda
By soccermom4ever on 03/13/13 08:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First we test drove just about every SUV made and kept notes on accessories and price of each one. I never gave them my name just took their business card.Also noted if the sales guy was high pressure. Our choice was narrowed by comfort, style, accessories and cost. When it came down to it the Honda was by far the best deal. Everytime I changed from cloth to leather and back or navigation no navigation, AutoNation Lewisville had lots of choices. Our sales guy Jim Ross gave us the grand tour of the vehicle before our test drive. There was no pressure, we asked him questions and he let us talk through the differences.

Excellent balance of design elements--update
By flicker25 on 03/10/13 20:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I previously posted that initial 2013 CRV gas mileage was good, not great. I may have underestimated Honda. Just returned from a 300-mile round trip to Ocean City, Md., with 4 adults and cargo area piled up to rear window with food and clothing. With engine warmed and driving a flat stretch of US 1 between Newark, DE, and OC--and keeping a steady 60 mph in eco mode--computer said I was getting 34.2 mpg (no stops or hard accelerations). To make sure there was no advantage in descending elevation, I ran the same route in reverse. Computer said I was getting 33.9 mpg. If computer is accurate, this mileage suggests very high engine efficiency --and better-than-EPA estimates. Impressive.

Excellent balance of design elements
By flicker25 on 03/02/13 23:26 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am 6'2", 290# and can fit into front or back seats without banging head or knees. Vehicle is silky smooth in performance, quiet at high speeds, nimble in handling. Turning radius very tight despite room in front/back/cargo areas. Styling to me exceeds others in class. Interior is well laid out; controls are intuitive and easily reached. Driving a flat 30 miles home from dealership at 55 mph in eco mode, instantaneous mileage dropped below 30 mpg only twice. Me likee. Don't think Honda engineers could balance all elements of form and function better than they did. I am retired and no Honda fanboy, but vehicle is exceptional.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$130 per month*