2013 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Terrible Full Beam Headlights and Cold in winter
By nmark on 01/22/14 19:56 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2013 CR-V because of how much I like my 2010 Odyssey. There is absolutely no comparison because the CR-V is so inferior to the Odyssey (sadly). Problems: 1. Full Beam Headlights are hopeless. The area in the immediate front of the car and at the sides is far too dark. It's almost as if the headlights point straight ahead and are elevated. It's a road hazard driving at night in the country where there are no city lights. Honda dealer replaced bulbs but no difference. Honda and Dealer simply deny there is a problem. 2. Car temperature inside is unbearable when temp drops below 20 degrees F.

Plain jane
By rwalters1 on 01/09/14 16:58 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice automobile, but for an EX-L it is a bare bones equipment. Put 5500 miles on so far. Acceleration has gotten better, mileage good but the seats are awful. I have never had such a sore behind in my life. My wife and I are of small build and the seat is firm right in the middle where your tailbone rides. My tailbone feels like its on fire in just ten minutes of driving, hers too, either seat. Its going to the upholstery shop soon. If he can't fix it then it will be sold. Who designed those seats. They must be like the accord seats everybody complains about. Called Honda, they don't seem interested in helping me out, see the dealer.

bad batteries
By dangthieu on 01/06/14 12:15 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car do not start in -9 degree even the car still 10 months old. (cr-v 2013).

Not much extra about EX model
By don0xff on 01/03/14 19:23 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CRV EX-L. It has heated leather seats. We've had hondas, Accords and Odyssey, before, which were very good vehicles: reliable, great value, good performance, comfortable, etc., so thought this would be a good choice. Issues: headlights, tranny, radio, info screen. Seems as though part of the headlights are blocked, and even more so with with the high-beams on. Tranny: test drive seemed very smooth, but later noticed that when decelerating then give it gas there is good amount of delay in the acceleration. Can't you go with 6 speed? Radio: Really? lower grad than what I had in my 1995 Accord. Why put that in top-end model. Info screen: was this project complete?

ROLLAWAY!
By unhappywithcrv on 12/15/13 20:16 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We parked my 2013 Honda CR-V on a < 30 degree incline, put it in park and turned off the engine. After going behind it, opening the hatch and taking out 2 bags it began to roll backward. I had the car for only 3 months and have had no warning of any problem. I have reported this to NHTSA and am waiting for a resolution but will not drive this car again. As a side note: even though I drive with ECO on, I have never gotten close to 30mpg. The best is around 25.

CR-V EX-L 2013
By whitelinerr on 11/14/13 12:47 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First drive was across central Oregon at 60 mph. Note speed limit is only 55. But 35.4 mpg for the first tank fillup is pretty darn good. Wind that day was calm and dry roads. Since then it's only been around town with an average speed of 27 to 29 mph. With that I'm getting 29 to 30 mpg.

I am very happy with my new CRV!
By aimless123 on 10/20/13 10:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't bought a new car in years and I did a ton of research to find the best little SUV that would last and be the most reliable. All of my research pointed to the Honda CRV over and over again. I did drive a Rav 4 and it felt cheap and rattly even though it was new and had the highest trim. I planned to drive the Mazda CX5 but once I drove the CRV I did not feel it was necessary. I also considered the Ford Escape because it is awesome looking but reliability on Ford does not even come close to Honda. The interior of the CRV is very handsome and makes me feel like I am driving a european import. I considered the cloth interior but once I saw the leather I fell in love with it.

2013 Honda CrV-Do Not Purchase-Poor Exterior Lighting
By pompom on 09/18/13 11:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We test drove this car during the day. We were dumbfounded at how the exterior lights on this car are not pointed toward the road. You can night drive at night unless you have your high beams on. Good luck with that. The dealer states nothing is wrong. You have got to be kidding. Only have 3,200 miles on it and this may be the first car that we dump that is less than 6 months old. An accident waiting to happen!

Great Small SUV
By southpaw3 on 09/14/13 05:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my EX-L with nav for two weeks and am very happy with my purchase. It is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Much has been said about sluggish acceleration but I find the acceleration to be great for this type of vehicle and I think Honda got it right balancing responsiveness and fuel economy. It's great having the Econ option for greater fuel economy too. I don't find road noise to be a problem at all and think the car is well insulated. As to the complaints about the sound system, it could be better but I am pleased with it. Again, I didn't buy this car expecting a luxury sound. I highly recommend this CR-V.

Sound System Is Fraudulently Advertised
By radioarchivist on 09/08/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased from a dealer with whom I had over 30 good years of experience with Volvos. As I thought their service was excellent and they were very close, I purchased the car albeit via a high pressure salesman. The CR-V get's better millage in average driving than my old 2000 RAV4 did on the highway. It is also quieter, bigger, more comfortable and more powerful. The OEM radio has very poor AM sound. Being formerly heavily involved in auto radio design. I measured the power, and found it to to be 40 Watts, not 160. Complaints got nothing but lies. They even refused to put their reply in writing, only verbally via telephone. The refused to reveal how they arrive at 160 Watts.