2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CR-V EX-L 2013
By whitelinerr on 11/14/13 12:47 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First drive was across central Oregon at 60 mph. Note speed limit is only 55. But 35.4 mpg for the first tank fillup is pretty darn good. Wind that day was calm and dry roads. Since then it's only been around town with an average speed of 27 to 29 mph. With that I'm getting 29 to 30 mpg.

I am very happy with my new CRV!
By aimless123 on 10/20/13 10:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't bought a new car in years and I did a ton of research to find the best little SUV that would last and be the most reliable. All of my research pointed to the Honda CRV over and over again. I did drive a Rav 4 and it felt cheap and rattly even though it was new and had the highest trim. I planned to drive the Mazda CX5 but once I drove the CRV I did not feel it was necessary. I also considered the Ford Escape because it is awesome looking but reliability on Ford does not even come close to Honda. The interior of the CRV is very handsome and makes me feel like I am driving a european import. I considered the cloth interior but once I saw the leather I fell in love with it.

2013 Honda CrV-Do Not Purchase-Poor Exterior Lighting
By pompom on 09/18/13 11:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We test drove this car during the day. We were dumbfounded at how the exterior lights on this car are not pointed toward the road. You can night drive at night unless you have your high beams on. Good luck with that. The dealer states nothing is wrong. You have got to be kidding. Only have 3,200 miles on it and this may be the first car that we dump that is less than 6 months old. An accident waiting to happen!

Great Small SUV
By southpaw3 on 09/14/13 05:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my EX-L with nav for two weeks and am very happy with my purchase. It is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Much has been said about sluggish acceleration but I find the acceleration to be great for this type of vehicle and I think Honda got it right balancing responsiveness and fuel economy. It's great having the Econ option for greater fuel economy too. I don't find road noise to be a problem at all and think the car is well insulated. As to the complaints about the sound system, it could be better but I am pleased with it. Again, I didn't buy this car expecting a luxury sound. I highly recommend this CR-V.

Sound System Is Fraudulently Advertised
By radioarchivist on 09/08/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased from a dealer with whom I had over 30 good years of experience with Volvos. As I thought their service was excellent and they were very close, I purchased the car albeit via a high pressure salesman. The CR-V get's better millage in average driving than my old 2000 RAV4 did on the highway. It is also quieter, bigger, more comfortable and more powerful. The OEM radio has very poor AM sound. Being formerly heavily involved in auto radio design. I measured the power, and found it to to be 40 Watts, not 160. Complaints got nothing but lies. They even refused to put their reply in writing, only verbally via telephone. The refused to reveal how they arrive at 160 Watts.

We love our CRV
By mcm0455 on 09/05/13 21:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just completed our 2nd road trip, and averaged 32.5 mpg in 700 miles of average speeds between 70-80 mph. Very easy and relaxed to drive this small suv. My wife loves driving this compared to her Honda Pilot. It handles fine, soaks up bumps very well and has a very generous amount of interior room. I know it's only is a 5 speed auto, but it downshifts smartly and very rarely do I feel it needs more power. Overall a very solid car!

Warped spare tire cover (interior)
By bytor100 on 09/01/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Like the car but had to go back to the stealership because the spare tire cover over the iner well is warped after 1 month. It happened in the summer, I think it is the humidity. They gave me a new cover no problem but it's the same thing another month later. So, it's back to the stealership again.

2014 CRV LX AWD
By guest2011 on 08/31/13 18:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought one today, less than 30 miles, computer reports 21.1mpg mostly highway driving with ECON button on. Maybe needs to be calibrated. I absolutely hate sunroofs and didn't want the more overpriced EX. My previous honda SUV was EX and it had both armrests in the front. This one doesn't have it on passenger side. What bothers me is driver's side armrest. Compared to EX its positioned higher, which makes driving very uncomfortable. The left arm can't reach the door arm rest and the right side is too high. When i tried the EX after i already paid for LX, EX seems to have both the door and right side arm rest at the same lever so i can rest both arms and still hold the steering wheel

Great overall**excessive Road Noise
By angiev3703 on 08/19/13 21:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Shopped around for a couple of months before deciding to purchase a new Honda Suv My previous one had horribly uncomfortable seats. That was 8 Years ago. Have only had this one two days; so far no complaints on comfort. Overall great looking; good fuel economy, love the technology. Very roomy. Good visibility. My only concern at this point is road noise. I would classify it as excessive. I've had a Ford Expedition and a Honda Pilot; both were 4-wheel drive and much less road noise. I'm going to try my carpeted floor mats to see if that helps otherwise the car may be going back to the dealer on day number three.

Fantastic Gas Mileage!
By zarakand on 07/17/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car just took a trip from Chicago to Virginia in it and averaged 41mpg according to the onboard computer. When I did the math manually using gallons and miles from the odometer it came out to 40.2mpg. For an SUV that is amazing! Now, I used to drive a Prius for work so I'm always watching my driving patterns and am fairly gentle on the gas. On this trip I drove about 60-65mph most of the drive and set cruise control on several occasions. I absolutely love the car and it's big upgrade from my Honda Fit.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$150 per month*