Used 2013 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Boo for the seats in Honda CRV!!
By Rita E

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a new CRV in 2002. I was not happy with the seats then. Thought for sure Honda would have improved them by 2013. We just purchased a 2013 and they, in my opinion, are worse that the 2002! We had an Odessey and the seats are amazingly comfortable. Why can't they get it right on thr CRV?? Had it for three miserable weeks then traded it back in for another Odessey. Come on Honda!

Value First! Look for a deal they are out there
By Chris Chapman

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving a Honda Civic Hybrid for about 6 years. I didn't know how much pain I was enduring until I drove the 2013 CRV. It is wonderful, really good power, great gas mileage for an SUV and a much more comfortable driving position. My model is somewhat basic but even it comes with blue tooth which made syncing with my phone a snap and it reads my messages to me while driving. A nice touch as well. Fold down rear seats are crazy easy, just pull the lever and they completely fold themselves. Really nice when your hands are full. I love this car.

Great small SUV with AWD - 2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD
By Stephen Kahoe

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle was one of the highest rated vehicles ion its class by Consumer Reports and I have been able to see why over the past 2.5 years. The CR-V is a very flexible vehicle that is great for all-around town use, vacation trips, and for transporting large items like flat screen televisions and furniture. It has a comfortable ride, gets good gas mileage in its class, and has great acceleration for a 4-cylinder SUV.

What Happened?
By RDEV

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research for a reliable, efficient and safe vehicle. The first year was great and now the cons list seems to be growing. I've spoken to other 2013 CRV owners and they are running into a lot more problems than us - a lot that had been listed here - that I'm afraid we will be running into soon too. This car is in immaculate condition and things just keep happening for no reason. I bought this new and went from a loaded Chevy to what feels like a stock SUV.

Pros:
Trunk space
Exterior look
Safe
Gas mileage

Cons:
Very heavy doors for a smaller person
Speakers have terrible sound quality
Steering wheel started flaking and falling apart less than a year into owning
Crunching sound when first starting
Rear view camera just broke for no visible reason
Cheap feeling interior - leather and plastics
No garage door button
Manual passenger side seats
Heated seats only have one zone - back and seat instead of each having its own function
Dual heat/AC is ineffective - one zone controls both no matter what the temp difference is
No pickup
LOUD road noise
Thin feeling doors when it's cold - not sure how this works since the doors are so heavy
Manual hatchback closure - I'm under 5'2. Closing the hatchback when it's dripping and covered in winter can be messy

Cannot Open Cargo Door
By Jae

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had to fix the door twice because the Cargo door would not open. No matter how hard, and long I press the latch,
the door would not open. At first the dealer fixed the issue by replacing the entire latch, but after a month of use,
the problem came back again. Six month after the second fix, the latch was slow to react, until finally, stopped working
entirely.

Now that the Warranty expired, the dealer is charging to fix the problem. Very Disappointed with Honda.