2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
nothing but problems so far
By sandoz1938 on 03/28/14 20:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6 month old crv doesn't start when its cold. One dealership checked it and said everything was ok. I went to a different dealership when it happened again and they didn't even check it, the guy just leaned back in his chair and said "that's normal, the crv has a small battery". The vehicle also sits lower on the left side than the right side. The dealership looked at it and told us something was definitely wrong with it. They took hours trying to figure it out then told us it was normal when they couldn't find the problem. So far we've had the CRV for 8 months and its been in the dealership several times. The body panels weren't even aligned properly when we bought it.

Loosing faith in Honda
By midav75 on 02/19/14 07:56 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I don't know what's going on with Honda, but it's not as used to be. Build quality is definitely not up to par. Bought a brand new CR-V a year ago. After the first rain, it had a spare tire wheel compartment full of water. It took dealership 3 tries and an external shop to fix leaking problems. Battery died when weather hit below 0. This should not happen on a 10 months old car. Wheel wells have no protective covers. Dealership told me it was done by design and the bare metal is treated for rust corrosion, but rust corrosion doesn't protect from stones chipping at the paint. And to top it off, all lug nuts are rusted. Car is 1 year old!!! Very, very disappointed!

Love our CRV!
By kprairiesun on 01/25/14 09:02 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We researched vehicles for years and after buying a used 1998 Honda Odyssey and being so impressed by how everything still worked well and was built so well, (unlike our GM vehicles, where everything breaks, ac vents, windows don't work, etc.), we decided we wanted some of that Honda reliability! We wanted a CRV so it would be easier to slip in & out of & still have room for people and my husbands drums when he plays with bands. It accomodates everything and very well! I often look into other suvs in parking lots to see if they have as much room inside as our CRV and they never do, esp. in back. Other owners of CRVs up to 10 yrs old tell me they love it, no problems ever! It's a joy to own!

Terrible Full Beam Headlights and Cold in winter
By nmark on 01/22/14 19:56 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2013 CR-V because of how much I like my 2010 Odyssey. There is absolutely no comparison because the CR-V is so inferior to the Odyssey (sadly). Problems: 1. Full Beam Headlights are hopeless. The area in the immediate front of the car and at the sides is far too dark. It's almost as if the headlights point straight ahead and are elevated. It's a road hazard driving at night in the country where there are no city lights. Honda dealer replaced bulbs but no difference. Honda and Dealer simply deny there is a problem. 2. Car temperature inside is unbearable when temp drops below 20 degrees F.

Plain jane
By rwalters1 on 01/09/14 16:58 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice automobile, but for an EX-L it is a bare bones equipment. Put 5500 miles on so far. Acceleration has gotten better, mileage good but the seats are awful. I have never had such a sore behind in my life. My wife and I are of small build and the seat is firm right in the middle where your tailbone rides. My tailbone feels like its on fire in just ten minutes of driving, hers too, either seat. Its going to the upholstery shop soon. If he can't fix it then it will be sold. Who designed those seats. They must be like the accord seats everybody complains about. Called Honda, they don't seem interested in helping me out, see the dealer.

bad batteries
By dangthieu on 01/06/14 12:15 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car do not start in -9 degree even the car still 10 months old. (cr-v 2013).

Not much extra about EX model
By don0xff on 01/03/14 19:23 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CRV EX-L. It has heated leather seats. We've had hondas, Accords and Odyssey, before, which were very good vehicles: reliable, great value, good performance, comfortable, etc., so thought this would be a good choice. Issues: headlights, tranny, radio, info screen. Seems as though part of the headlights are blocked, and even more so with with the high-beams on. Tranny: test drive seemed very smooth, but later noticed that when decelerating then give it gas there is good amount of delay in the acceleration. Can't you go with 6 speed? Radio: Really? lower grad than what I had in my 1995 Accord. Why put that in top-end model. Info screen: was this project complete?

ROLLAWAY!
By unhappywithcrv on 12/15/13 20:16 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We parked my 2013 Honda CR-V on a < 30 degree incline, put it in park and turned off the engine. After going behind it, opening the hatch and taking out 2 bags it began to roll backward. I had the car for only 3 months and have had no warning of any problem. I have reported this to NHTSA and am waiting for a resolution but will not drive this car again. As a side note: even though I drive with ECO on, I have never gotten close to 30mpg. The best is around 25.

CR-V EX-L 2013
By whitelinerr on 11/14/13 12:47 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First drive was across central Oregon at 60 mph. Note speed limit is only 55. But 35.4 mpg for the first tank fillup is pretty darn good. Wind that day was calm and dry roads. Since then it's only been around town with an average speed of 27 to 29 mph. With that I'm getting 29 to 30 mpg.

I am very happy with my new CRV!
By aimless123 on 10/20/13 10:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't bought a new car in years and I did a ton of research to find the best little SUV that would last and be the most reliable. All of my research pointed to the Honda CRV over and over again. I did drive a Rav 4 and it felt cheap and rattly even though it was new and had the highest trim. I planned to drive the Mazda CX5 but once I drove the CRV I did not feel it was necessary. I also considered the Ford Escape because it is awesome looking but reliability on Ford does not even come close to Honda. The interior of the CRV is very handsome and makes me feel like I am driving a european import. I considered the cloth interior but once I saw the leather I fell in love with it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda CR-V Suv in NJ is:

$248 per month*