2013 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Warranty Information
By Allen Hawkins on 02/19/15 11:36 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV. First was a 2010 and current is a 2013. This past month or so I have notice a squeal when I apply final pressure to the brakes. Made an appt. with the dealer feeling good that it was still under warranty(mileage 28215/less than two years old) but apprehensive going in that they would not hear the squeal. Went thru the process of talking to the service manager and after about 30 mins. was told they indeed had heard the squeal but it was not covered under warranty. They could give me no reason why it was squealing but they were more than willing to do a brake service costing $230. So, another life lesson learned. They never fail to disapoint.

the things no one tells you
By bsturman on 01/17/15 19:51 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When your stopped with your foot on the brake the car vibrates. Honda can't find anything wrong. Also if your car ever gets bumped on the front passenger side, there's a chance that your windshield washers won't work because the pump is right behind the bumper. Even though I see just a small scratch there, they said it was hit and that is what broke the pump. After 1 year and $250 I have a new pump. Hopefully no one else hits my bumper there or this could get expensive.

Head lights are awful
By kvalenti on 01/08/15 11:12 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over a year and hate it at night I can't see the road even with the high beams on. The road noise is very loud. When I go down hill the gears don't down shift and the sound is awful. And the other day I had the ABS light the Power Steering light and the Traction control light come on so now I have to take it in for service I am trading it in as soon as I can and not for another Honda. Very disappointed.

awful seats, marginal a/c
By rwalters1 on 12/20/14 15:21 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned this car for 15,000 miles. The seats are hard and crowned in the middle. Tried to fix them with the help of an upholstery shop. unless you are very large or very young you will not like these seats. They get very painful the more you drive this car. I believe the car critics are a bunch of biased reviewers. How could anyone miss the fact that these seats are this terrible. A friend at work wife has a CR-V and he says the same thing. Bought an Escape and it makes the Honda look and feel like it was a ten year old car. On a hot day we had to put the fan on high and turn temp to 65 and it barely worked.

Odd noise from rear
By avuncular58 on 07/29/14 04:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Generally pleased with latest incarnation of the CRV but has anyone come across the problem of a light rattling sound from the rear of the vehicle. After a couple of dealership trips (car under warranty) it turns out to be a couple of pebbles that have bounced into the shock absorber recesses at the rear. The only way to remove them was to use a pressure air blower. The dealer did this free the first time but I was charged when it happened again. The older version CRV did not have this problem. Also, the sound system is not as bassy as the old version. Not that it matters much to me but it's not as good as the sound system in the older CRV.

excellent utalitarian, and economy SUV! Honda quality
By canuck901 on 07/16/14 12:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

All around an excellent SUV, so roomy, I mean this thing has more room than a BMW X5. Honda utilitarian value, smart design, simple yet extremely practical , had one issue with a TSB on the Actuator, but that's it. I have a 2012 EX CRV with 22,000 miles, love it. very good on fuel, can carry 2 sets of golf clubs, 4 suitcases and 2 bikes on the back and still get excellent mileage. Luv this SUV. not the fanciest of SUV, but top marks for reliability and economical, utilitarian value! AWD Systems works great in the snow and very safe vehicle

Solid car, not the best gas mileage
By todrit on 06/09/14 09:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we purchased out 2013 CR-V a year ago. it has been a solid performer, however the gas mileage for the class of car has a lot to be desired. We like the roomy interior and the design of the vehicle. It defintley has the room to take four to five people confortable, and the cargo space. we use it each weekend to travel back and forth to the NJ Shore. It has the space to hold everything without any issues.

DISAPPOINTED
By aky13 on 05/19/14 09:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Compared with my previous vehicle, a 2004 Honda CR-V, the 2013 is VERY disappointing in all aspects EXCEPT fuel economy.

nothing but problems so far
By sandoz1938 on 03/28/14 20:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6 month old crv doesn't start when its cold. One dealership checked it and said everything was ok. I went to a different dealership when it happened again and they didn't even check it, the guy just leaned back in his chair and said "that's normal, the crv has a small battery". The vehicle also sits lower on the left side than the right side. The dealership looked at it and told us something was definitely wrong with it. They took hours trying to figure it out then told us it was normal when they couldn't find the problem. So far we've had the CRV for 8 months and its been in the dealership several times. The body panels weren't even aligned properly when we bought it.

Loosing faith in Honda
By midav75 on 02/19/14 07:56 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I don't know what's going on with Honda, but it's not as used to be. Build quality is definitely not up to par. Bought a brand new CR-V a year ago. After the first rain, it had a spare tire wheel compartment full of water. It took dealership 3 tries and an external shop to fix leaking problems. Battery died when weather hit below 0. This should not happen on a 10 months old car. Wheel wells have no protective covers. Dealership told me it was done by design and the bare metal is treated for rust corrosion, but rust corrosion doesn't protect from stones chipping at the paint. And to top it off, all lug nuts are rusted. Car is 1 year old!!! Very, very disappointed!

1 2 3 4 5 next »