Used 2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Wanted an Escape got a CR-V
By Cincinnati or Toledo is where I am.

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the longest time I had wanted a Ford Escape. When my mom finally talked my dad into getting me a new, fuel efficient car he suggested a Honda CR-V. I was skeptical at first, so we test drove an Escape which we then decided had too much road noise, funky wipers and my dad (who's a diesel mechanic) said it wasn't a quality build. Later we went and test drove the 2013 CR-V, and I was more comfortable the second I sat down. The sales guy was very helpful and showed me how to work the driver seat, steering wheel, wipers, turn signals, radio and more all for a test drive. Obviously I chose the Honda CR-V. I make a round trip of 400 miles from Toledo to Cincinnati a few times a month. Ohio is pretty flat and I average about 30-31 mpg going between 70-75 mph (sometimes with the cargo space and back seat loaded down with boxes for a college student). In the city I get about 20-25 mph depending on where I'm going. I haven't had any issues with the mechanics of the car. There was a simple recall when I first got the car and it was corrected right away for free. Oil changes and tire rotations aren't too costly and the service staff at either Honda I go to are very friendly and helpful. Toledo has pretty snowy winters and the CR-V handles very well in the feet of snow that can come down in one day. The traction control has saved my butt a few times in the Toledo winter. I have had a slight issue with the USB port but it's easily resolved by restarting the car. The Bluetooth comes in handy except when the microphone doesn't transmit to the person on the other line. Overall the electronics have been pretty solid. I love my CR-V, I've had it for almost three years this thanksgiving and it's been a damn good car.

Faulty A/C and Electronics
By jlmedina

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2013 from Whittier Community Honda. 14 months later a/c goes out & battery dies. After doing some research, both are known defects. Honda even lost a class-action lawsuit in 2013 for the a/c but never corrected the problem for newer models. Honda refused to repair a/c saying it's my problem. Honda should've at least warned me about the design flaw & problems so I could make an informed decision whether to buy or not. I had 2 previous Honda's. One had a recall that they never told me about & the other had a class action lawsuit regarding brakes that Honda again lost but they forgot to tell me. I don't trust Honda anymore especially Whittier Community Honda.

The fact that I will not buy another Honda.

Buy a car other than a Honda.

Warranty Information
By Allen Hawkins

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV. First was a 2010 and current is a 2013. This past month or so I have notice a squeal when I apply final pressure to the brakes. Made an appt. with the dealer feeling good that it was still under warranty(mileage 28215/less than two years old) but apprehensive going in that they would not hear the squeal. Went thru the process of talking to the service manager and after about 30 mins. was told they indeed had heard the squeal but it was not covered under warranty. They could give me no reason why it was squealing but they were more than willing to do a brake service costing $230. So, another life lesson learned. They never fail to disapoint.

the things no one tells you
By bsturman

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When your stopped with your foot on the brake the car vibrates. Honda can't find anything wrong. Also if your car ever gets bumped on the front passenger side, there's a chance that your windshield washers won't work because the pump is right behind the bumper. Even though I see just a small scratch there, they said it was hit and that is what broke the pump. After 1 year and $250 I have a new pump. Hopefully no one else hits my bumper there or this could get expensive.

The ride is nice and the inside is comfortable

Figure out why the car vibrates and have a way to adjust the computer to correct this. If you van increase the RPM's this gets the vibration to a normal car level. Also find another place to put the windshield washer pump.

Head lights are awful
By kvalenti

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over a year and hate it at night I can't see the road even with the high beams on. The road noise is very loud. When I go down hill the gears don't down shift and the sound is awful. And the other day I had the ABS light the Power Steering light and the Traction control light come on so now I have to take it in for service I am trading it in as soon as I can and not for another Honda. Very disappointed.

Haven't found one