2013 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Odd noise from rear
By avuncular58 on 07/29/14 04:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Generally pleased with latest incarnation of the CRV but has anyone come across the problem of a light rattling sound from the rear of the vehicle. After a couple of dealership trips (car under warranty) it turns out to be a couple of pebbles that have bounced into the shock absorber recesses at the rear. The only way to remove them was to use a pressure air blower. The dealer did this free the first time but I was charged when it happened again. The older version CRV did not have this problem. Also, the sound system is not as bassy as the old version. Not that it matters much to me but it's not as good as the sound system in the older CRV.

excellent utalitarian, and economy SUV! Honda quality
By canuck901 on 07/16/14 12:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

All around an excellent SUV, so roomy, I mean this thing has more room than a BMW X5. Honda utilitarian value, smart design, simple yet extremely practical , had one issue with a TSB on the Actuator, but that's it. I have a 2012 EX CRV with 22,000 miles, love it. very good on fuel, can carry 2 sets of golf clubs, 4 suitcases and 2 bikes on the back and still get excellent mileage. Luv this SUV. not the fanciest of SUV, but top marks for reliability and economical, utilitarian value! AWD Systems works great in the snow and very safe vehicle

Solid car, not the best gas mileage
By todrit on 06/09/14 09:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we purchased out 2013 CR-V a year ago. it has been a solid performer, however the gas mileage for the class of car has a lot to be desired. We like the roomy interior and the design of the vehicle. It defintley has the room to take four to five people confortable, and the cargo space. we use it each weekend to travel back and forth to the NJ Shore. It has the space to hold everything without any issues.

DISAPPOINTED
By aky13 on 05/19/14 09:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Compared with my previous vehicle, a 2004 Honda CR-V, the 2013 is VERY disappointing in all aspects EXCEPT fuel economy.

nothing but problems so far
By sandoz1938 on 03/28/14 20:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6 month old crv doesn't start when its cold. One dealership checked it and said everything was ok. I went to a different dealership when it happened again and they didn't even check it, the guy just leaned back in his chair and said "that's normal, the crv has a small battery". The vehicle also sits lower on the left side than the right side. The dealership looked at it and told us something was definitely wrong with it. They took hours trying to figure it out then told us it was normal when they couldn't find the problem. So far we've had the CRV for 8 months and its been in the dealership several times. The body panels weren't even aligned properly when we bought it.

Loosing faith in Honda
By midav75 on 02/19/14 07:56 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I don't know what's going on with Honda, but it's not as used to be. Build quality is definitely not up to par. Bought a brand new CR-V a year ago. After the first rain, it had a spare tire wheel compartment full of water. It took dealership 3 tries and an external shop to fix leaking problems. Battery died when weather hit below 0. This should not happen on a 10 months old car. Wheel wells have no protective covers. Dealership told me it was done by design and the bare metal is treated for rust corrosion, but rust corrosion doesn't protect from stones chipping at the paint. And to top it off, all lug nuts are rusted. Car is 1 year old!!! Very, very disappointed!

Love our CRV!
By kprairiesun on 01/25/14 09:02 AM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We researched vehicles for years and after buying a used 1998 Honda Odyssey and being so impressed by how everything still worked well and was built so well, (unlike our GM vehicles, where everything breaks, ac vents, windows don't work, etc.), we decided we wanted some of that Honda reliability! We wanted a CRV so it would be easier to slip in & out of & still have room for people and my husbands drums when he plays with bands. It accomodates everything and very well! I often look into other suvs in parking lots to see if they have as much room inside as our CRV and they never do, esp. in back. Other owners of CRVs up to 10 yrs old tell me they love it, no problems ever! It's a joy to own!

Terrible Full Beam Headlights and Cold in winter
By nmark on 01/22/14 19:56 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2013 CR-V because of how much I like my 2010 Odyssey. There is absolutely no comparison because the CR-V is so inferior to the Odyssey (sadly). Problems: 1. Full Beam Headlights are hopeless. The area in the immediate front of the car and at the sides is far too dark. It's almost as if the headlights point straight ahead and are elevated. It's a road hazard driving at night in the country where there are no city lights. Honda dealer replaced bulbs but no difference. Honda and Dealer simply deny there is a problem. 2. Car temperature inside is unbearable when temp drops below 20 degrees F.

Plain jane
By rwalters1 on 01/09/14 16:58 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice automobile, but for an EX-L it is a bare bones equipment. Put 5500 miles on so far. Acceleration has gotten better, mileage good but the seats are awful. I have never had such a sore behind in my life. My wife and I are of small build and the seat is firm right in the middle where your tailbone rides. My tailbone feels like its on fire in just ten minutes of driving, hers too, either seat. Its going to the upholstery shop soon. If he can't fix it then it will be sold. Who designed those seats. They must be like the accord seats everybody complains about. Called Honda, they don't seem interested in helping me out, see the dealer.

bad batteries
By dangthieu on 01/06/14 12:15 PM (PST)

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car do not start in -9 degree even the car still 10 months old. (cr-v 2013).

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$130 per month*