2013 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2013 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

Warranty Information
By Allen Hawkins

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV. First was a 2010 and current is a 2013. This past month or so I have notice a squeal when I apply final pressure to the brakes. Made an appt. with the dealer feeling good that it was still under warranty(mileage 28215/less than two years old) but apprehensive going in that they would not hear the squeal. Went thru the process of talking to the service manager and after about 30 mins. was told they indeed had heard the squeal but it was not covered under warranty. They could give me no reason why it was squealing but they were more than willing to do a brake service costing $230. So, another life lesson learned. They never fail to disapoint.

the things no one tells you
By bsturman

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When your stopped with your foot on the brake the car vibrates. Honda can't find anything wrong. Also if your car ever gets bumped on the front passenger side, there's a chance that your windshield washers won't work because the pump is right behind the bumper. Even though I see just a small scratch there, they said it was hit and that is what broke the pump. After 1 year and $250 I have a new pump. Hopefully no one else hits my bumper there or this could get expensive.

Favorite Features

The ride is nice and the inside is comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Figure out why the car vibrates and have a way to adjust the computer to correct this. If you van increase the RPM's this gets the vibration to a normal car level. Also find another place to put the windshield washer pump.

Head lights are awful
By kvalenti

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over a year and hate it at night I can't see the road even with the high beams on. The road noise is very loud. When I go down hill the gears don't down shift and the sound is awful. And the other day I had the ABS light the Power Steering light and the Traction control light come on so now I have to take it in for service I am trading it in as soon as I can and not for another Honda. Very disappointed.

Favorite Features

Haven't found one

Suggested Improvements

HEAD LIGHTS!!!!!!!

awful seats, marginal a/c
By rwalters1

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned this car for 15,000 miles. The seats are hard and crowned in the middle. Tried to fix them with the help of an upholstery shop. unless you are very large or very young you will not like these seats. They get very painful the more you drive this car. I believe the car critics are a bunch of biased reviewers. How could anyone miss the fact that these seats are this terrible. A friend at work wife has a CR-V and he says the same thing. Bought an Escape and it makes the Honda look and feel like it was a ten year old car. On a hot day we had to put the fan on high and turn temp to 65 and it barely worked.

Favorite Features

The Honda name.

Suggested Improvements

Fix those awful seats. Get the Air to work like it should. Improve the terrible towing capacity rating (1000 lb). I can buy cars with a better tow rating. Change the wiper control so down is off just like a light switch, not up for off??????? Put a door lock button in hatch. Put a blind spot mirror on the right side just like the left. allow the driver to operate the windows when the window lock is ON. Stop cutting corners to build a less expensive car. Like most foreign cars you could only buy them equipped a certain way. There are very little choices for the consumer. Had to pay over $3,000 just to get the power seats after all the packages were included.

15000 mile review
By mcm0455

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife to replace her aging 03 Honda Pilot. Overall it has been a very good car. Easy to drive, plenty of interior room, very comfortable on long trips, and excellent highway mpgs. Last month, saw over 35 mpg at 70 mph. City mileage, running errands mpg drops to low 20's. I have changed the oil twice, replaced the cabin and air filter and the wipers. Has been dead reliable, uses no oil between oil changes. Very solid car!

Favorite Features

We love the Sat radio, very nice on long trips, the car eats up the miles on the highway. My kid loves the dvd player. The ease of changing the cabin filter is much appreciated after coming from the Pilot. It literally takes a minute to swap out the filter. No way I would pay the dealer $60. Under $20 on Amazon.

Suggested Improvements

My wife wants more power, she just isn't use to Honda's lack of low end torque. You need to wind it up to get the power, but after coming from my 13 Fit, the CRV feels like a rocket. I think Honda did a solid job with this car.

Nice CR-V
By christian20

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This nice car, I have bought this in 2013

Favorite Features

ALL is nice

Suggested Improvements

Sorry but this is nice. I like it.

Odd noise from rear
By avuncular58

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Generally pleased with latest incarnation of the CRV but has anyone come across the problem of a light rattling sound from the rear of the vehicle. After a couple of dealership trips (car under warranty) it turns out to be a couple of pebbles that have bounced into the shock absorber recesses at the rear. The only way to remove them was to use a pressure air blower. The dealer did this free the first time but I was charged when it happened again. The older version CRV did not have this problem. Also, the sound system is not as bassy as the old version. Not that it matters much to me but it's not as good as the sound system in the older CRV.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rattle at the back!!

excellent utalitarian, and economy SUV! Honda quality
By canuck901

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

All around an excellent SUV, so roomy, I mean this thing has more room than a BMW X5. Honda utilitarian value, smart design, simple yet extremely practical , had one issue with a TSB on the Actuator, but that's it. I have a 2012 EX CRV with 22,000 miles, love it. very good on fuel, can carry 2 sets of golf clubs, 4 suitcases and 2 bikes on the back and still get excellent mileage. Luv this SUV. not the fanciest of SUV, but top marks for reliability and economical, utilitarian value! AWD Systems works great in the snow and very safe vehicle

Favorite Features

econ bottom, roomy back space. excellent fuel mileage and for a 2.4L 4CYL, this vehicle is excellent for power on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

push button start and a redesigned interior, heated and cooled seats.

Solid car, not the best gas mileage
By todrit

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we purchased out 2013 CR-V a year ago. it has been a solid performer, however the gas mileage for the class of car has a lot to be desired. We like the roomy interior and the design of the vehicle. It defintley has the room to take four to five people confortable, and the cargo space. we use it each weekend to travel back and forth to the NJ Shore. It has the space to hold everything without any issues.

Favorite Features

spacious cargo area, design

Suggested Improvements

lets work on the gas mileage

DISAPPOINTED
By aky13

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Compared with my previous vehicle, a 2004 Honda CR-V, the 2013 is VERY disappointing in all aspects EXCEPT fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Awesome fuel economy. With the ECO button activated and reasonable acceleration I get 33-34 miles per gallon highway driving and around 27 mpg in city traffic. A few neat technological gimmics. They are NOT necessary and I would not pay extra for them if they were sold separately. There are two “fuel economy” meters. One provides your mpg, as you drive, in a numerical readout in the middle of your speedometer. The other is a color lighting system surrounding the speedometer. You can make a “game” of trying to keep the color fully green, which is optimum for fuel economy. GREAT rear storage capacity, heated front seats, fog lights and a backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Since my 2004 model, the body and notably the rear have been redesigned resulting in a SERIOUS safety hazard - reduced rear mirror vision and serious side blind areas. Loss of front leg room. Poor seating design. Poorly placed, poorly designed subwoofer. Center console instead of far superior fold down table. Loss of multiple CD changer. Luxury HVAC system is awful. I had many more comments and details, but there is inadequate space here for them. Summary - if you has the old design of CR-V, like my 2004 model, you will NOT be happy with the 2013 except for fuel economy!