Used 2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Faulty A/C and Electronics
By jlmedina

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2013 from Whittier Community Honda. 14 months later a/c goes out & battery dies. After doing some research, both are known defects. Honda even lost a class-action lawsuit in 2013 for the a/c but never corrected the problem for newer models. Honda refused to repair a/c saying it's my problem. Honda should've at least warned me about the design flaw & problems so I could make an informed decision whether to buy or not. I had 2 previous Honda's. One had a recall that they never told me about & the other had a class action lawsuit regarding brakes that Honda again lost but they forgot to tell me. I don't trust Honda anymore especially Whittier Community Honda.

Favorite Features

The fact that I will not buy another Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Buy a car other than a Honda.

Warranty Information
By Allen Hawkins

2013 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV. First was a 2010 and current is a 2013. This past month or so I have notice a squeal when I apply final pressure to the brakes. Made an appt. with the dealer feeling good that it was still under warranty(mileage 28215/less than two years old) but apprehensive going in that they would not hear the squeal. Went thru the process of talking to the service manager and after about 30 mins. was told they indeed had heard the squeal but it was not covered under warranty. They could give me no reason why it was squealing but they were more than willing to do a brake service costing $230. So, another life lesson learned. They never fail to disapoint.

the things no one tells you
By bsturman

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When your stopped with your foot on the brake the car vibrates. Honda can't find anything wrong. Also if your car ever gets bumped on the front passenger side, there's a chance that your windshield washers won't work because the pump is right behind the bumper. Even though I see just a small scratch there, they said it was hit and that is what broke the pump. After 1 year and $250 I have a new pump. Hopefully no one else hits my bumper there or this could get expensive.

Favorite Features

The ride is nice and the inside is comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Figure out why the car vibrates and have a way to adjust the computer to correct this. If you van increase the RPM's this gets the vibration to a normal car level. Also find another place to put the windshield washer pump.

Head lights are awful
By kvalenti

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over a year and hate it at night I can't see the road even with the high beams on. The road noise is very loud. When I go down hill the gears don't down shift and the sound is awful. And the other day I had the ABS light the Power Steering light and the Traction control light come on so now I have to take it in for service I am trading it in as soon as I can and not for another Honda. Very disappointed.

Favorite Features

Haven't found one

Suggested Improvements

HEAD LIGHTS!!!!!!!

awful seats, marginal a/c
By rwalters1

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned this car for 15,000 miles. The seats are hard and crowned in the middle. Tried to fix them with the help of an upholstery shop. unless you are very large or very young you will not like these seats. They get very painful the more you drive this car. I believe the car critics are a bunch of biased reviewers. How could anyone miss the fact that these seats are this terrible. A friend at work wife has a CR-V and he says the same thing. Bought an Escape and it makes the Honda look and feel like it was a ten year old car. On a hot day we had to put the fan on high and turn temp to 65 and it barely worked.

Favorite Features

The Honda name.

Suggested Improvements

Fix those awful seats. Get the Air to work like it should. Improve the terrible towing capacity rating (1000 lb). I can buy cars with a better tow rating. Change the wiper control so down is off just like a light switch, not up for off??????? Put a door lock button in hatch. Put a blind spot mirror on the right side just like the left. allow the driver to operate the windows when the window lock is ON. Stop cutting corners to build a less expensive car. Like most foreign cars you could only buy them equipped a certain way. There are very little choices for the consumer. Had to pay over $3,000 just to get the power seats after all the packages were included.