2012 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - We've got a stubborn rattle

2012 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

We've got a stubborn rattle
By sgilbert on

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We wrote a review just after purchase about a year ago and were extremely happy with the CR-V. However, several months ago it developed a rattle inside the rear seat in the headrest supports. They ordered a "part' to fix it, but it didn't fix it. It's most irritating, but to fix it will require "opening up" the rear seatback. The opposite side headrest in the same seat does not rattle. I think the headrest support hardware inside the seat may just have some loose screws, but the service manager has been waiting a week for Honda to OK opening up the seat to fix it. If they wont fix it, it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. The rest of the vehicle is of very nice quality.

Favorite Features

30 mpg highway gas mileage. Nice looking. Smooth shifting transmission. Fun to drive (before the rattle).

Suggested Improvements

Front seat comfort, for me, is marginal due to the short seat cushion which does not support me "under the thighs" very well on long trips.