2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Road Noise

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Road Noise
By drivingcrazy on

2012 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the EX CR-V yesterday. I test drove one earlier in the month but was waiting for the blue color. I went around the block when it came in and it seemed fine. I am surprised that no one has complained of road noise. I find it sooooo noisy from both the road and passing cars. Everyone keeps saying last years model was noisier but I can't imagine how. Please before purchasing take it on the freeway and rough roads to be sure. I am stuck for a while.

I do like the sporty style and color. It gets in and out of traffic easily. Parking is also a breeze with the tight turning radius and back up camera.

Wish the interior was nicer. Many other SUVs in this price range had much nicer seats. I would like to see a choice for the electric seats and navigation without buying leather.
By 2012crvowner
on 01/27/12 07:22 AM (PST)

I have had my 2012 crv for almost a week and am very happy with it. I do not think the highway/road noise is that noticeable. Although I did buy the EX-L with Navigation model. It may be worth spending a few more dollars getting the higher level of trim. The rear seats are very comfortable.

By anydia
on 01/27/12 18:29 PM (PST)

I have been driving my 2012 CR-V EX-L for two weeks and I haven't noticed the road noise. I find it smooth and quiet compared to my old 2003 CR-V.

By jeffyb
on 04/18/12 05:05 AM (PDT)

I almost wonder if this person really has a Honda CRV or not. I own a 2007 and recently drove a 2012. The 2012 is VERY quiet on the road -- even on rough roads. Maybe this person has a wheel out of balance or something (or maybe it was written by a Toyota dealer :>).

By carobabbo
on 07/26/12 10:18 AM (PDT)

I agree with the writer completely. I just leased a 2012 EX-L and have the same complaints. Had to buy seat covers for comfort and was put off by road noise. Do test on Highway -- no noise up to 40 mph but marked after then none again at 65 -- odd and harsh for me as I commute by highway for 20 miles. I do think Honda loyalists are used to these issues. I had an old Volvo -- I wish I had it back. Tested other cars -- should have waited for the 2013 Outback. Still only 3 years to go?!