First and Last Honda
By milkshake on
2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought this car to replace a loved but worn out 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Drove a 2012 Kia Sorrento, a 2012 Chevy Equinox, and a 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (which was really my 1st choice) in addition to this. Settled on this because of the price and because it had the most space of any of those cars. This was my first-ever brand new car purchase. I've never loved this car, and I was never truly excited about it, but I've come to totally hate it due to how uncomfortable it is. You feel every bump, pebble, and crack in the road. My dad has been a truck driver for 40 years and has complained about how uncomfortable it is. Owned less than 2 yrs, looking to trade or push off a cliff soon. Mistake.
Favorite Features
The backup camera is great, and I love the variable angles on it; the straight-down view is fantastic for parallel parking. Gas mileage is great; the worst I've ever gotten on it is 24 mpg, but I've also gotten up to as high as 32 mpg on the interstate. The space in the back is amazing: I've been able to get a wheel barrow in and a treadmill, neither of which would ever have been able to fit in the Tiguan. Backseat leg room is ample. The fact that you can pull a handle and get the back seats to completely lay down has been my absolute favorite thing about the car: completely effortless.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth phone is a pathetic joke; you can hear the caller but have to scream to be heard. Power outlet in the center console is a major failure. At least front passenger's window should be auto up/down, if not all 4 windows. Gas lever is in a horrible location. Ride is horribly rough. Front seats are miserable: all-manual adjustments; the bottom part of the seat tilts down, putting constant pressure on the hips and tailbone. Lumbar support is non-existent. Worse yet, the sides of the seat curve up around your legs, "hugging" you. Seats have got to be hard plastic with the cheapest foam material ever. Back glass should lay flat instead of curving; is horrible for accurate depth-perception.