2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Love it

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Love it
By centaur74 on

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2012 CRV EX (two wheel drive) today and so far I'm loving it. Got it in the dark gray/silver-looking color. This is my first Honda. Ride is smooth and quiet. I needed a family car, not a roadster and it seems perfect. Drove with the econ feature and didn't even notice a performance change. The cloth seats have a nice velvety feel to them. I'd considered getting a EX-L for the leather seats but actually preferred the cloth. Plus the EX came standard with a sun/moonroof. Cool option to pull a lever and the back seats simply fold down. The bluetooth is awesome. The car read me a text on the way home from the dealership. Tons of room in the trunk too!

Bluetooth and backup camera are very cool. Also like the all weather mats and the all weather-type mat in the cargo area. FYI I paid $26,650 out the door for the car in Austin. Added options included tinted windows, wheel locks, splash guards, all weather mats and an all weather-style liner for the trunk. Probably better deals to be had in a couple of months but we needed a car now, lol.

I wish there was a button you could push to pop open the trunk/hatch. It's manual only (magnetic I think.) I always have my hands full with my teens' misc. stuff, so this would make things easier. An organizer would be helpful for the center console. It's very large, but not divided so it has potential to become a real magnet for junk and receipts. Wish I could stream Pandora from my Windows phone, but that may be more a phone than a car issue.