2012 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fantastic Gas Mileage!

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Fantastic Gas Mileage!
By lizzylou on

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my '07 Civic coupe on a White Diamond Pearl CR-V EX. I love this SUV! Can be a little sluggish with Econ mode on but saves a lot on gas and it's peppy and fun to drive with the Econ mode off. I love that the CR-V handles so well. It handles almost as good as my beloved Civic did, excellent turning radius makes it easy to park. The cabin is quiet but still hear some road noise and has minimal body roll around corners and good stability. Getting a solid 30 mpg on the highway which is my main driving ~66 miles round trip per day at around 70 mph. Has 1,500 miles on it now. I've had several people tell me it's a beautiful vehicle! No other SUV compares in features for the price.

Favorite Features

Love the backup camera, hands free blue tooth, Econ button, one touch folding rear seats, minimal blind spots, nice information center in center of console, sunglass holder, comfortable seats with soft fabric, nice tires and rims, tires are filled with nitro, excellent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The emergency brake is positioned low and kind of sticks out and sometimes I hit my shin on it while getting in and out of the vehicle. The drive by wire steering takes some getting used to as it is designed to help guide the vehicle on the road but takes some of the "feel of the road handling" out of the drivers hands.