2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Perfect Family Car

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Perfect Family Car
By chapelthrill23 on

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the CRV because I needed a family car and it has not disappointed. It is smooth, quiet, handles like a car, is spacious, and is fuel efficient. A lot of what makes it wonderful cannot be found on a spec sheet. I cross shopped more expensive cars (TSX Wagon, XC70, etc) but the packaging is what made me buy a CRV. The interior design is fantastic. I'm not sure how they were able to build a small car with such a huge amount of space. It also has many details that make it work for families. The huge center console is wonderful, the conversation mirror/sun glass holder is useful, the easy fold seats are handy, the big buttons are nice, and I love that the rear floor is flat.

Excellent passenger and cargo room. One touch folding seats. Lots of little spots for interior storage. Smooth ride. Quiet. Excellent MPG (i'm often over 30 mpg). Backup camera. Handles like a car. Price.

I guess it could have more power but it easily keeps up with traffic and the engine is smooth. Some wanted a new power train but there is something to say for tried and true and Honda makes a smooth and bullet proof 2.4 I4/5 speed combination. It should last for years. Some of the interior surfaces could be better but the ones that you do actually come in physical contact with are good and the others look nicer than they are.