Our third Honda CRV
By harvest on
2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
We've had our 2012 Honda CRV EX for about 2 months now and have put about 3000 miles on it. Compared to the 2004 CRV we previously owned it is quieter, rides smoother, looks more modern, and has more electronic features such as hands free bluetooth for your cell phone. We chose it over a 2012 Toyota RAV4 because the CRV had more comfortable seats and my wife, as the primary driver, liked that there was a flat space between the seats to put her purse (or even stuff it down in the storage area between the seats). The fabric on the seats is softer than the coarser RAV4 fabric. We had one long trip and got 28 mpg at 70 mph but around 31 mpg at 60 mph on rural highways.
Favorite Features
The flatter rear compartment when folding the second row seats is nice and especially the easy way the seats fold. The center console is better than many competitors who build really tall center consoles. However, we like the previous style of a folding tray table better - left more room to put things on the floor and it was easier for my wife to hide her purse. We like the better mileage and the smoother ride, although I would say a good sedan such as a Camry rides smoother than the CRV. Engine acceleration seems fine to me. A very comfortable vehicle, reasonably compact and fuel efficient.
Suggested Improvements
Rear visibility was my wife's biggest concern - it has gotten worse each time they restyle. We'd rather have better rear visibility and a little less style. It would be nice to have an option for separate climate control for the driver and passenger - my wife and I never agree on the temp, and the RAV4 has this option. The Pandora feature doesn't seem to work with an iPhone - they need to upgrade the software for this. They did away with the picnic table, a nice feature in our 2004 CRV although we rarely used it. I would really like to have sunvisors that have extension panels - cheap not to include those.
By contactny
on 04/08/12 15:09 PM (PDT)

What did you pay OTD for your 2012 CR-V EX?