Nice but poor MPG
By randluke on
2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
My wife and I bought a new 2012 2WD CRV EXL. The handling and Interior design aspects of the CRV are nice. But for a model that is touting its fuel efficiency it does not deliver. I am getting 16 mpg in the city. Not at all what I expected.
Favorite Features
Dash layout and interior design. The space in the back is good as well.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel Economy. The mpg I am getting is 16 mpg. The dealership has told me the engine needs to break in and then the mileage will incease. That has not been the case for any othe new car I have had. My 2011 Camry was getting 28 - 30 mpg fom the start. I've had it fo about a year and it still gets about 30 mpg. The Camry is a 4 cylinder like the CRV and using the current winterblend fuel.
By bbhondaguy
on 05/17/12 19:01 PM (PDT)

have you tried to reset the trip meter when filling up with gas? clearing the display may come up with new results. I find it hard to believe 16 mpg, I am getting 23+ in average even before the engine has many miles on it. do you have a heavy foot? are you driving with the econ button on and do you pay attention to the econ display results? good luck... also run regular unleaded, do NOT run 10% ethanol in your honda...

By jim532
on 07/06/12 07:12 AM (PDT)

10% ethanol is in all gasoline you don't have a choice. 16 mpg in the city, you must be pounding the throttle every time you take off.