2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Good but not great

2012 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

2012 Honda CR-V SUV

Good but not great
By jax19 on

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2012 CRV-EX L and have been driving it for about 3 weeks. So far, I like it but have found a few things that could use improvement.
I test drove several SUV's such as the Chev Equinox, Mazda CX5, and the Nissan Rogue.
All were good, but I really liked the Honda engine and the ride.
I needed a vehicle where I could put two bikes inside (don't like bike racks), and with the back seats down, it's a very easy fit.
I expect to get several years of good performnace from this Honda.

Love the 3 month free subscription to XM radio!! Never had it before, and I think I'm addicted. I like the USB port where an mp3 player can be used, but I do miss my 6 disc CD player in my last vehicle. Steering wheel radio controls are very convenient and easy to use. I've been averaging about 28-29 mpg between a combination of 70%highway and 30% city driving.

The seats are wide and somewhat flat and do not provide good support like some other vehicles. After a couple of hours of driving, it gets a bit uncomfortable. It has a very large console that you could put a cooler of beer in, but it needs much more organization..now it's just a toy box where I have to search through a pile of stuff for a pen, id card, etc. Cup holders are located above the seat warming switches and power outlet...don't spill the coffee!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review