Mostly love it but there's an issue with the battery
By jefferson2014 on
2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
My 3rd CRV so I'm sold on Honda and I mostly love this one. However, there was an issue with the battery - had the car seven months when the battery died. Very strange but it was the middle of winter where we had a string of below zero days. Replaced it and went along until 6 months after that when the battery died again. Triple A could not even jump it so had it slow charged and then took it to the dealer. There is a battery drain issue with these models (Honda Service Bulletin 12-041). Dealer upgraded software and so far so good.
Favorite Features
Navi, heated seats, radio, storage console, roomy interior, great for hauling kids, pets and groceries.
Suggested Improvements
Honda should warn owners of these cars about this battery issue so they are not caught off-guard if it happens.
By boman47
on 11/16/14 17:16 PM (PST)

Your post was a little over a year ago. Can you or anyone else confirm that the service bulletin 12-041 actually corrected the faulty charging problem for good? Have you had any similar problems since the software update? I really need to know as I am looking at a 2012 CRV EX-L and it's VIN is listed in the bulletin. This car's battery was dead when the salesperson tried to start it so I could test drive it! Please respond.