Base model lacking necessary essentials...
By enginemedic21 on
2012 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I had a 2012 CRV lx for about 2 weeks before trading it back in to recieve a refund(dealer allowed so). I initially liked the CRV LX, it drover smooth, MPG was right on point with EPA ratings,more power than normal for its class which gave decent pick up when not in ECON mode. However there were things that bugged me that made me return it. No arm rest for the front passenger, 3 speeds for the windshield wipers,cheap quality upholstery for seats,cheap steal wheels, high price of add on features compared to other car makers. It's upsetting that I have to pay $2800 to upgrade just to get better quality seats, a front passenger armrest, and more than just 3 speeds for the windshielf wipers.
Favorite Features
MPG, iMid display, room for cargo
Suggested Improvements
Put more than 3 speeds on the windshielf wipers for the base models and a passenger armest, how much did Honda save by cutting out those features, $20?
By jay2012
on 05/11/12 11:35 AM (PDT)

You should have brought a EX or EX-L because the LX is a very plain base model and I would never buy an LX and I always buy the EX or EX-L model because they have more upgrade and its a much nicer looking model. I think you would be happier with a EX or EX-L model. The EX-L is only 3 to 4000 dollars more than the Lx and its worth the money.

By 1949
on 05/18/12 21:35 PM (PDT)

You're nitpicking. You should have researched BEFORE you bought this vehicle. How could you not notice such trivial issues as an armrest, upholstery, hub caps and wiper speeds. You must have rushed through this purchase without noticing anything. You should probably look at a Hyundai Sportage.

By jim532
on 07/06/12 07:01 AM (PDT)

I agree. I bought a 1999 CRV LX while it did lack an arm rest for the passenger and had steel wheels I drove the car for 11 years and easily sold in on Craig's List. I also have 2002 CRV EX with all wheel drive. For $3,000 extra it was well worth it since I got all wheel drive, 6 cd player, sun roof, privacy glass, nicer interior etc. I am in the market for a new CRV AWD EXL in Opal Sage. I like the hidden spare so I don't have to buy a wheel lock for the spare but I will miss the hatch back open window although I seldom use it. I hope the stereo is better and will like the Ipod connection since CDs are going the way of the dinosaur.

By oldautoman
on 10/09/12 05:27 AM (PDT)

It's not fair to complain about a vehicle that you bought without even noticing these items before the sale. I expect you would be happy with the EX model while the LX model is fine for me and I expect many others.