Noisiest car I have ever owned
By heli_driver on
2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Purchased brand new (14 Months ago) with every option Honda offers. This vehicle is the noisiest car I have ever owned. My Honda convertible S2000 was quieter than this CRV. Road/tire noise, wind noise, engine noise and even noise from passing vehicles are not attenuated. Being mostly mid to higher frequency noise, this gives us both a headache. I question if Honda forgot the soundproofing in my car. The Head Lights are very weak & easy to over drive. At Hwy speeds the steering input is far too sensitive, making it squirrelly and dangerous feeling. Even as a commercial helicopter pilot, the Navigation/stereo is not easy to use and key features do not work with the iPhone.
Favorite Features
Looks great. I have achieved 36 mpg using the cruise control. Like the rear compartment access & how the seats auto fold down. Great interior color combo Mocha/Tan/black Great back up camera Good visibility and wipers Not easy to use, but the trip/fuel mpg computer info works great.
Suggested Improvements
Sound attenuation Sound attenuation Sound attenuation Variabel assit steering or lower the input ratio. Improve headlight projection.
By ramohio
on 10/23/13 23:38 PM (PDT)

My 2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD is so quiet and smooth. I love it much more than my 2009 CR-V LX AWD