2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Bad Honda CRV Experience

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Bad Honda CRV Experience
By kimimimi on

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I did a lot of reserach to before buying this Honday CRV and was confident that I was buying a more energy efficient vehicle that requires little maintenance. I purchased the car new in February. At under 2,000 miles the battery had to be replaced. At under 2,000 miles I started hearing a "chirping" noise. First visit they replaced a belt. Chirping noise persisted. Second visit that replaced a pulley and the alternator. Third visit they replaced the water pump. All of this engine work done on a vehicle with under 4,000 miles on it. The black rubber door molding around passenger doors started drooping and the final straw was the mirror on the passengers visor just fell off!

The designs, the economy fuel saving feature and the roominess.

After asking Honda to buy back the car due to the squeaking noise persisting, and of course they didn't, we traded the car in. They offered to defer one of our payments. What an insult. American Honda needs to honor their products and realize that they all make a bad car now and then. I lost my confidence in Honda and my local dealer at their inability to fix the problem after taking my enging apart. I will never buy another Honda product because of this one bad experience.
By mstone2012
on 09/06/12 09:15 AM (PDT)

I have a 2012 Honda CRV and I've had it in the shop twice now for the black rubber door molding drooping and exposing the padding in the ceiling. The second time I took it in, they had the gall to ask me if someone was pulling it down accidentally. I let them know that when I rolled the windows down, the air pressure was enough to take it down. It's not good to know you're having the same issues, but I would like to point out that you aren't alone with these little shoddy craftsmen-type issues you've had with your 2012 CRV. I've also experienced the door screws working themselves out on a long road trip...found them when they scraped along my door frame as I opened my driver's side door at a rest stop.