Bad electrical system.
By shinhoo on
2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Car has had a lot of issues with recurrent dead batteries. Strange since the car otherwise works fine, but having to jump start car every 2-3 weeks. Found out that there was a software glitch that affected the way the car was charging the battery, required an update under Honda service bulletin 12-041, this has apparently been a common issue. However, even since the update, have had to jump start 3 times. Have taken to 2 different Honda dealers, they have no idea what to do. They are telling me to drive with the radio, lights, fan, etc. all off. Quite absurd.
Favorite Features
Stylish on the inside, and practical.
Suggested Improvements
This car is quickly becoming a big paperweight.
By slavik2014
on 01/10/14 08:38 AM (PST)

Had a similar problem with my 2012 EX-L and did everything I could (including updating the software under the Honda Service Bulletin) but nothing worked. Replaced the battery 3x. Sorry that you had this problem but always good to know when there are others experiencing something similar. Hope Honda is listening.

By gabrielp
on 03/24/14 06:43 AM (PDT)

I have the same problem with my CRV. I had to boost the car 7 times this winter and twice since getting the software update. I brought it to dealer agan and been told its because we are only making short trips. I know plenty of people who only make short trips with their vehicule and they have no batttery problem. This is very frustrating for a brand new vehicule an even more since Honda doesn't want to acknowledge or fix this problem.