We owned a 2003 CRV EX for 9 years and traded in for a 2012 EXL AWD. To begin with, the trade in price is amazing. We got 30% back after 9 year!! Honda Power.
We got this black EXL in mid-Jan for $200 above invoice price and can't be any happier. This car is stylish, roomy, functional and easy to drive.
My wife doesn't care too much about cars but now is in love with this car. It offers so so much more than our old CRV.
At the end, it drives really well and with some power. Not too much, just enough for a small family car. It's now also quieter and feels more upscale. Gas mileage isn't great yet, but winter mileage is usually lower. Highly recommended.
- It looks nice! Got praise everywhere we go.
- Upscale interior and exterior. At EXL trim, it feels like an Acura or >30k vehicle
- Decent power. Even with the Econ mode turned on, it still runs well. Yet, remember it's a 4 cylinder SUV, not a sport car.
- Nice overall feeling. It's simply a very nice car that can almost do it all.
- More power, who won't want more. It has enough, but can always use more.
- Back seat won't recline anymore. They took it away to make it easy to fold. Why can't they make it to do both
- Gas mileage may not live up to promoted: 30 hwy. With warmer weather, I can get around 24 average.
Good review, but your suggested improvement states that the "Back seat won't recline anymore."
It still reclines.
It just doesn't slide forward and back.
That used to be a nice feature for parents who wanted to get closer access to kids in car seats.
But for certain the back seat reclines.
I was just testing that feature in the dealership today.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.