Used 2012 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love this car much more than expected
By ernie29

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a lease coming due on a BMW328xi coupe. I thought the crv would be economical and practical but I never dreamed I would love the car, but I do. You get so much for your money. The fuel economy is amazing (getting 31.5 in Econ mode during my first 150 miles/2days of driving the car). The features are great, love the Bluetooth and Pandora streaming...you can even access your Pandora channels and do the like dislike on the imid screen. only complaints are iPhone is unsupported on USB (isn't this the most popular phone?) and wiper blade inserts suck but that's an easy fix. So much easier to load this car up than BMW's pricey options! Recommend body side moldings. Look great!

Favorite Features

Pandora streaming, Econ mode and ability to tell whether you are driving efficiently. I'm relearning how to push on the gas without wasting fuel. On screen fuel consumption is great, I'm obsessed with getting that number as high as possible!

Suggested Improvements

Add iPhone to supported USB devices, fix issue with iPhone constantly connecting and disconnecting to Bluetooth, and better wiper blades. Comfort access, push button start, automatic lift gate, and rain sensing wipers.

Bad Honda CRV Experience
By kimimimi

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I did a lot of reserach to before buying this Honday CRV and was confident that I was buying a more energy efficient vehicle that requires little maintenance. I purchased the car new in February. At under 2,000 miles the battery had to be replaced. At under 2,000 miles I started hearing a "chirping" noise. First visit they replaced a belt. Chirping noise persisted. Second visit that replaced a pulley and the alternator. Third visit they replaced the water pump. All of this engine work done on a vehicle with under 4,000 miles on it. The black rubber door molding around passenger doors started drooping and the final straw was the mirror on the passengers visor just fell off!

Favorite Features

The designs, the economy fuel saving feature and the roominess.

Suggested Improvements

After asking Honda to buy back the car due to the squeaking noise persisting, and of course they didn't, we traded the car in. They offered to defer one of our payments. What an insult. American Honda needs to honor their products and realize that they all make a bad car now and then. I lost my confidence in Honda and my local dealer at their inability to fix the problem after taking my enging apart. I will never buy another Honda product because of this one bad experience.

CR-V getting better with age
By karsrus

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded our 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L in for a new 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L after doing due diligence and exploring all the other new models. Like many others looking for a high content, high value CUV, It's really difficult to beat the combination that the CR-V offers. With 1,400+ miles on ours now, the gas mileage has averaged 31mpg both highway & city. We've seen as high as 38mpg. The 4cyl does fine, and living in TN we have a good mix of hills and valleys with no issues passing on the freeway. Both front & back seat space is really good, and we continue to marvel at how spacious it is on the inside compared to small footprint on the outside. Fit and finish are very good.

Favorite Features

Overall comfort is improved over our last model especially the front seats. Gas mileage is very good. Upgraded electronics are a big improvement. seat heaters, dual zone AC, and sunroof are great. The Reliability, Utility, and high re-sale value. (Honda Trademarks) are all in place.

Suggested Improvements

A bit quieter than our last one, but not as much as we hoped for. Honda needs to focus on the road noise issue. We miss the shelf in the back like our last one especially for carrying groceries, and for traveling. Miss the sliding seats, however the new easy folding seat handles make up for it somewhat.

Love this CRV - right on GAS too!
By granyjany

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had my CRV just 3 days now and love it! My first fill up showed me getting 29 mpg.. I honestly expect more once the car has a chance to build an average. It handles well in the curves and it has so many toys on it! Maybe one of the coolest things is the way i can flip those back seats down with one finger! A great value for just shy of $30K !!

Very Satisfied
By cwbarrett

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a white ex-l 3 weeks ago. I'm getting about 27 mpg. I haven't established the value in the eco feature yet. That aside, the car is comfortable and I know I won't have any major repairs for several years. It handles very well. I like how honda simplifies the options. I would like to do a dna test to see if this is really leather. As a four cylinder it gets all it can out of it. I think I would prefer a six but the four will do. Sound system is ok but I have a 9 year old highlander with JBL that sounds better. I wish I had bought this years ago instead of a different AWD that uses a boxer engine.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, space, and hopefully reliability. All controls for radio and environment are very easy to use. looks great too.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the leather. Offer a 6 cylinder. Improve the sound system. Reduce road noise.