Used 2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

We love our CR-V EX!!
By sgilbert

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our silver CR-V EX in June and now have 5500 miles on it. We took it on a 2400 mile trip, which included 3 days of driving around Denver, and for the entire trip got a terrific 32.1 mpg driving between 65 -70 mph. We find the vehicle to be of very high quality in design and manufacture. Haven't been back to our dealer for a single problem. We love the tight solid body, the backup camera, the handling, and my wife loves the maneuverability aound town, as well as the ease of lifting the rear hatch. Some have said they'd like more power, but we find performance to be quite adequate. We really couldn't be more satisfied with the vehicle. Fit and finish are excellent.

gas mileage, backup camera, trip computer, handling and stability, styling, cargo and back seat room.

The front seat bottom is a bit too short and fails to support under my thighs as well as I'd like. I compare it to my 2011 Ram 1500 pickup, whose seats are so wonderfully supportive and comfortable. Other than that, I can't fault the vehicle in any way.

3rd CRV - they keep getting better
By zeebop2012

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2009 CRV (EX) for a 2012 EX-L with Nav. Got a great price for the trade-in (CRVs hold their value nicely) and am loving the new one. Favorite features: Getting about 23 mpg, which is what was promised. Comfortable ride and smooth handling Love the center console (much better than the table thingy in the 2009) The Navigation is a life-saver. When I travel to new cities, the Navi is a major "de-stressor" Love taking this car grocery shopping - easy to get groceries in and out (lots of room!).

Handling, sound system (XM RADIO!), Navi and leather.

All cars/trucks need improved mileage, but this one does OK for an AWD

Wow!!!
By gladys29

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's what I was looking for and more! I love everything about it. It's beautiful, drives smooth, comfortable, spacious. I have two kids and shop at bjs so I need some room, kids love it, so much room to stretch out in and enough for bjs run and a few other stores:) thanks Honda, You've done it again!!!

Excellent Choice
By jerebea

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are very pleased with our purchase. The CR-V is comfortable with sufficient room in the driver and front passenger area to not feel confined. Instrumentation is easy to read and controls are functional and easy to use. Rear cargo area is very sufficient for our needs handling a medium size dog crate with ease. Rear seating area is comfortable and very adequate for two good sized adults. We are presently getting 29.5 MPG is mixed driving. Style and quality of build is excellent.

We enjoy driving this vehicle with good visability, handling and very adequate power. The easy "one touch" lowering of the rear seats is very handy for grocery bags and coolers. We are impressed with the easy lifting and lowering of the rear tailgate. An additional comment on the power, our most recent vehicle was powered by a 5.7 "Hemi" while not a "Hemi" the passing and cruising power of the CR-V is very adequate. Also, nice to realize nearly 30MPG with regular octane gas.

We purchased the EX model and are happy that we didn't get the LX. The additional $1,000-$1,500 is worth it. The Ex is very well equipped, we do think Honda should upgrade this model with a driver's power seat. Also, we agree with many other reviewers that the driver's side outside rear view mirror is dysfunctional with it's partial "extended view" glass. I would option for a regular full size mirror (if you focus on the 3/4 normal vision, you'll be fine).

Good but not great
By jax19

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2012 CRV-EX L and have been driving it for about 3 weeks. So far, I like it but have found a few things that could use improvement. I test drove several SUV's such as the Chev Equinox, Mazda CX5, and the Nissan Rogue. All were good, but I really liked the Honda engine and the ride. I needed a vehicle where I could put two bikes inside (don't like bike racks), and with the back seats down, it's a very easy fit. I expect to get several years of good performnace from this Honda.

Love the 3 month free subscription to XM radio!! Never had it before, and I think I'm addicted. I like the USB port where an mp3 player can be used, but I do miss my 6 disc CD player in my last vehicle. Steering wheel radio controls are very convenient and easy to use. I've been averaging about 28-29 mpg between a combination of 70%highway and 30% city driving.

The seats are wide and somewhat flat and do not provide good support like some other vehicles. After a couple of hours of driving, it gets a bit uncomfortable. It has a very large console that you could put a cooler of beer in, but it needs much more organization..now it's just a toy box where I have to search through a pile of stuff for a pen, id card, etc. Cup holders are located above the seat warming switches and power outlet...don't spill the coffee!!