2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews 7

2012 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2012 CR-V Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Best CR-V
By wab1

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2012 CR-V EX-L with the navigation system 3 weeks ago. This vehicle is much better than the 2009 model I traded in. For those who say the CR-V needs a 6 cylinder engine I totally disagree. This vehicle has plenty of pep and power. The steering is improved, it's quieter, and rides better. This vehicle handles like a much bigger and heavier model. Mileage around town has been averaging 23.5 MPG, all stop and go driving for the most part. This is a great vehicle and I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, sound system navigation system, back-up camera and the dash is just beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Put a light in the glove box. This is a $30,000+ vehicle without a 10.00 glove box light.

An even better CR-V
By bongo1945

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4 th new CRV.since 2005. I got hooked on them with the first. Bought a new 97 because of the newer body style, then again in 2010 because I never keep a car over 3 years. I loved my 05 and 07 . Bought a 2010 and wad disappointed in it from the get-go. No power,rode rough, just didn't mister up. Took it in to my dealer to have a software recall completed and walked out with a new 2012. I have had it only 2 weeks and about 1500 miles bunt the love affair has started again. What a great car. Lots of new improvements. I'm a sucker for creature comforts hence the EX-L fits my needs. Love the new dash design with new Bluetooth feature, great audio and just plain easy controls.

Favorite Features

Love interior especially new instrumentation with Bluetooth. Backup camera is great and the Econ feature pis a good reminder that gas costs almost 4bucks per gallon. The seats have been redesigned to eliminate the ppressure point at the edge of the seat and I like the extra storage in the consol as well as the automatic, fold-flat rear seats. Easy and functional. I love is car

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a 6 cal option would be desirable but folks k, this is a family , utilitarian vehicle, not a corvette. I think ithepower is fine.

What an outstanding automobile!! John of Columbus, NC.
By jaacolumbusnc

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

On 31 January 2012, I purchased a 2012 Honda CR-V 2WD EX-L and traded in a 2011 Hyundai Genesis after a year of ownership. I was able to purchase the CR-V for $26,761 not including taxes, tags and admin. fee. That price included body side molding, splash guards and rear cargo tray. It is a fantastic vehicle right from the first drive home from the selling dealer.

Favorite Features

Contrary to some owner opinions, I think the gas mileage is better then I expected. I am getting 25.2 mpg in local driving. In highway driving coupled with local, I am averaging 27-28 mpg. No complaints from me there. The exterior design is truly eye-catching. The Alabaster Silver Met paint and Gray leather interior is a great combination. Seating is very comfortable. XM radio is my favorite choice all the time. The engine is adequate power and truly quiet. The transmission is very smooth. Both my wife and I like the seating which allows a clear view of the road ahead. The back-up camera system is a great assist in backing safely. In summary, what is there not to like about this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

There is not one improvement I could even suggest for the 2012 Honda CR-V 2WD EX-L.

Awesome 2012 CRV
By rnwong

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We owned a 2003 CRV EX for 9 years and traded in for a 2012 EXL AWD. To begin with, the trade in price is amazing. We got 30% back after 9 year!! Honda Power. We got this black EXL in mid-Jan for $200 above invoice price and can't be any happier. This car is stylish, roomy, functional and easy to drive. My wife doesn't care too much about cars but now is in love with this car. It offers so so much more than our old CRV. At the end, it drives really well and with some power. Not too much, just enough for a small family car. It's now also quieter and feels more upscale. Gas mileage isn't great yet, but winter mileage is usually lower. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

- It looks nice! Got praise everywhere we go. - Upscale interior and exterior. At EXL trim, it feels like an Acura or >30k vehicle - Decent power. Even with the Econ mode turned on, it still runs well. Yet, remember it's a 4 cylinder SUV, not a sport car. - Nice overall feeling. It's simply a very nice car that can almost do it all.

Suggested Improvements

- More power, who won't want more. It has enough, but can always use more. - Back seat won't recline anymore. They took it away to make it easy to fold. Why can't they make it to do both - Gas mileage may not live up to promoted: 30 hwy. With warmer weather, I can get around 24 average.

Nice but poor MPG
By randluke

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought a new 2012 2WD CRV EXL. The handling and Interior design aspects of the CRV are nice. But for a model that is touting its fuel efficiency it does not deliver. I am getting 16 mpg in the city. Not at all what I expected.

Favorite Features

Dash layout and interior design. The space in the back is good as well.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy. The mpg I am getting is 16 mpg. The dealership has told me the engine needs to break in and then the mileage will incease. That has not been the case for any othe new car I have had. My 2011 Camry was getting 28 - 30 mpg fom the start. I've had it fo about a year and it still gets about 30 mpg. The Camry is a 4 cylinder like the CRV and using the current winterblend fuel.

Road Noise
By drivingcrazy

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the EX CR-V yesterday. I test drove one earlier in the month but was waiting for the blue color. I went around the block when it came in and it seemed fine. I am surprised that no one has complained of road noise. I find it sooooo noisy from both the road and passing cars. Everyone keeps saying last years model was noisier but I can't imagine how. Please before purchasing take it on the freeway and rough roads to be sure. I am stuck for a while.

Favorite Features

I do like the sporty style and color. It gets in and out of traffic easily. Parking is also a breeze with the tight turning radius and back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the interior was nicer. Many other SUVs in this price range had much nicer seats. I would like to see a choice for the electric seats and navigation without buying leather.

Well done...
By mtobon

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 2012 CR-V EX and I'm loving it. This is my first SUV ever and second Honda vehicle, after a 1998 Civic. I'm very well impressed with the level of sophistication and versatility of this vehicle for this price segment. After reading some expert reviews complaining about the CR-V being a little under powered, I can only say that unless you have a large family and/or large towing needs, this vehicle provides enough acceleration and handling to comply with most driver demands, especially in terms of fuel economy. Last but not least, Honda has a great lease deal going on that also added to the equation...

Favorite Features

Versatility, cargo space, bluetooth and i-Pod connectivity, handling and breaking, style...

Suggested Improvements

So far I have no complaints or suggested improvements...

Enjoying it and Loving it
By anydia

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new CR-V Friday the 13th, but it turned out to be my lucky day. I am very pleased with it. I upgraded from a 2003 CR-V. Today I took it for a long drive (2 hrs away) for my hockey game. It has great cargo space for my gear and the seats fold easily. The ride was smooth and quiet. Seats felt comfortable even after the long drive. I used the Econ mode, but I didn't notice a difference in performance. I have received many positive comments on its looks because there aren't any basque red color CR-V's around here yet. I ordered a spoiler which will be added later next week for a sportier look although it looks fine the way it is and that's just my personal preference.

Favorite Features

So many...Standard rear view camera with three different angles. It also works as the information display screen in this trim level. It can be personalized with your own wallpaper/pictures and it displays album work when playing music from my devices. Bluetooth. USB port attachment (I can connect my iTouch, iPod, or just any flashdrive) Controls on steering wheel. Storage space in between front seats are great for keeping my music players hidden and my GPS unit since I didn't get the model with navigation. Cargo space. Seat material feels rich. Audio speakers have great sound. Moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the line on the driver side mirror. It looks more like a defect. I don't think it improves the wider view. The back cargo door (even if it is lightweight) should be automatic. I don't live having to open it manually when I have a hockey bag and sticks in hand. Many newer SUVs have that feature.

Redesigned CR-V
By jjohnw

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Examined, drove, negotiated, and bought a 2012 CR-V EX-L in White Pearl. We've been driving BMWs - X3 & 325Xi Wagon - but Mom's 2002 CR-V soldiers on with nothing but a new battery & tires along with routine maintenance over 10 years. It's still a great vehicle, right size, and enjoyable to drive. Our opinion is the new 2012 CR-V at $29k drive out instead of a X3 at $46k drive out is just as enjoyable and dare I say - a better driver as it doesn't pogo/bounce over rough roads as does the X3. Sure the CR-V won't win any drag races but 31 mpg highway is much more relevant.

Favorite Features

Size, Styling, & Utility

Suggested Improvements

Honda, don't go to a V6 instead turbocharge the 4-banger! The 2012 BMW 3 & 5-series have dropped their 6-cylinder for a turbo 4-cylinder for both better mpg & power. If it's good enough for BMW it's good enough for Honda - Honda can do a turbo 4 as well as can BMW.

Love it
By centaur74

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2012 CRV EX (two wheel drive) today and so far I'm loving it. Got it in the dark gray/silver-looking color. This is my first Honda. Ride is smooth and quiet. I needed a family car, not a roadster and it seems perfect. Drove with the econ feature and didn't even notice a performance change. The cloth seats have a nice velvety feel to them. I'd considered getting a EX-L for the leather seats but actually preferred the cloth. Plus the EX came standard with a sun/moonroof. Cool option to pull a lever and the back seats simply fold down. The bluetooth is awesome. The car read me a text on the way home from the dealership. Tons of room in the trunk too!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and backup camera are very cool. Also like the all weather mats and the all weather-type mat in the cargo area. FYI I paid $26,650 out the door for the car in Austin. Added options included tinted windows, wheel locks, splash guards, all weather mats and an all weather-style liner for the trunk. Probably better deals to be had in a couple of months but we needed a car now, lol.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a button you could push to pop open the trunk/hatch. It's manual only (magnetic I think.) I always have my hands full with my teens' misc. stuff, so this would make things easier. An organizer would be helpful for the center console. It's very large, but not divided so it has potential to become a real magnet for junk and receipts. Wish I could stream Pandora from my Windows phone, but that may be more a phone than a car issue.