2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Nice but poor MPG
By randluke on 01/29/12 15:47 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought a new 2012 2WD CRV EXL. The handling and Interior design aspects of the CRV are nice. But for a model that is touting its fuel efficiency it does not deliver. I am getting 16 mpg in the city. Not at all what I expected.

Road Noise
By drivingcrazy on 01/25/12 14:07 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the EX CR-V yesterday. I test drove one earlier in the month but was waiting for the blue color. I went around the block when it came in and it seemed fine. I am surprised that no one has complained of road noise. I find it sooooo noisy from both the road and passing cars. Everyone keeps saying last years model was noisier but I can't imagine how. Please before purchasing take it on the freeway and rough roads to be sure. I am stuck for a while.

Well done...
By mtobon on 01/24/12 23:07 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 2012 CR-V EX and I'm loving it. This is my first SUV ever and second Honda vehicle, after a 1998 Civic. I'm very well impressed with the level of sophistication and versatility of this vehicle for this price segment. After reading some expert reviews complaining about the CR-V being a little under powered, I can only say that unless you have a large family and/or large towing needs, this vehicle provides enough acceleration and handling to comply with most driver demands, especially in terms of fuel economy. Last but not least, Honda has a great lease deal going on that also added to the equation...

Enjoying it and Loving it
By anydia on 01/14/12 22:04 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new CR-V Friday the 13th, but it turned out to be my lucky day. I am very pleased with it. I upgraded from a 2003 CR-V. Today I took it for a long drive (2 hrs away) for my hockey game. It has great cargo space for my gear and the seats fold easily. The ride was smooth and quiet. Seats felt comfortable even after the long drive. I used the Econ mode, but I didn't notice a difference in performance. I have received many positive comments on its looks because there aren't any basque red color CR-V's around here yet. I ordered a spoiler which will be added later next week for a sportier look although it looks fine the way it is and that's just my personal preference.

Redesigned CR-V
By jjohnw on 01/13/12 07:38 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Examined, drove, negotiated, and bought a 2012 CR-V EX-L in White Pearl. We've been driving BMWs - X3 & 325Xi Wagon - but Mom's 2002 CR-V soldiers on with nothing but a new battery & tires along with routine maintenance over 10 years. It's still a great vehicle, right size, and enjoyable to drive. Our opinion is the new 2012 CR-V at $29k drive out instead of a X3 at $46k drive out is just as enjoyable and dare I say - a better driver as it doesn't pogo/bounce over rough roads as does the X3. Sure the CR-V won't win any drag races but 31 mpg highway is much more relevant.

Love it
By centaur74 on 01/12/12 20:46 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2012 CRV EX (two wheel drive) today and so far I'm loving it. Got it in the dark gray/silver-looking color. This is my first Honda. Ride is smooth and quiet. I needed a family car, not a roadster and it seems perfect. Drove with the econ feature and didn't even notice a performance change. The cloth seats have a nice velvety feel to them. I'd considered getting a EX-L for the leather seats but actually preferred the cloth. Plus the EX came standard with a sun/moonroof. Cool option to pull a lever and the back seats simply fold down. The bluetooth is awesome. The car read me a text on the way home from the dealership. Tons of room in the trunk too!

2012 CRV EX-L TEST DRIVE - December 10th
By philip19 on 12/10/11 17:34 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the new CRV this afternoon and bought one for my wife. Replacing her 2003 CRV after 9 exceptionally reliable years. Road noise reasonable (better than earlier models). Nice cabin layout, excellent trunk room (floor lowered), comfortable seats, decent quality leather seating, and reasonable pep. Folding table between front seats is gone (good). Didn't test the Eco mode, but apparently increases highway mpg 7%. Acceleration remains reasonable, but not stellar. Rear leg room appears slightly larger, and rear seats fold down more easily than on previous models. Rear pull out shelf standard. Rear seats more comfortable. Feels more spacious. Great car for the next 9 years!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$106 per month*